Talk

Advanced search

pineapple??

(6 Posts)
brightonbleach Tue 01-Sep-09 19:23:43

hi all is there anything in the warnings/old wives tales about pineapple?? I heard it could bring on early labour if you ate like 7 of them (!) so I figured I was safe to eat 2 slices today,am 32weeks - but have had cramps for 3 hours since and felt violently sick (which I haven't done all throughout this pregnancy!). its just easing off now, so I'm not worrying unduly now, just wondering if i should avoid it from now on?? what do you reckon...

somanyboyssolittletime Tue 01-Sep-09 19:49:03

I ate one-a-day after going overdue with my babies (love it anyway!) - absolutely no effect whatsoever! Hope you feel better soon.

rubyslippers Tue 01-Sep-09 19:54:35

it is meant to stimulate the bowel which may or may not trigger labour

(gentler than a spicy curry)

i think the cramps are co-incidental?

Clary Tue 01-Sep-09 19:56:00

I ate most of a fresh one the day I went into labour with DD.

I was 5 days overdue tho so may just be coincicence smile

melsy Tue 01-Sep-09 19:57:39

Someone once worked out on here that to get the amount of enzyme needed to bring on labour you would have to eat 17-20 pineapples!!!

brightonbleach Tue 01-Sep-09 20:00:28

cool!! i won't cross it off my shopping list then. just run of the mill cramps then most likely - we do have bad days for no reason when in this 'condition' don't we! I should have known that I was due one as I'vr had a great week or so...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now