Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just had a sweep how successful are they?

(7 Posts)
loganberry12 Tue 01-Sep-09 14:52:00

im 40+3 weeks pregnant had a sweep this morning about 11.45 the midwife said my cervix was soft and stretchy and she could feel the babys head. I bled a little and have had a bit of backache and period pains since but thats about it. Was wondering how successful sweep are? have you had one and how long after did labour begin?

mosschops30 Tue 01-Sep-09 14:54:29

I had 3, none worked smile

loganberry12 Tue 01-Sep-09 15:03:43

oh dont say that mosschops fed up now want to have my baby

SouthernMeerkat Tue 01-Sep-09 15:17:43

I had one with number 3 as I was due on the day of my AN appointment - baby arrived 12 hours later. However I have now had due date baby, due date minus one day and due date plus one day - so who knows - perhaps he was coming anyway!

Sounds promising though - good luck!

mosschops30 Tue 01-Sep-09 15:21:20

sorry logan. I was 40+15 by the time I was eventually indiced with ds.
This time I will be begging for an induction at 40+0 grin

EasyEggs Tue 01-Sep-09 16:00:20

I had one with dd and she turned up the next day, but that was 2nd attempt as cervix wasn't ready 1st time.

Also had one with ds and he came next day too smile

Yours all sounds very promising though as I think it very much depends how favourable things down there are!!

Good luck, have fingers crossed for you grin

pigleychez Tue 01-Sep-09 16:34:46

I had one that did nothing. DD had to be evicted/induced at 40+12!

But saying that MW did say I was unfavourable. Sounds like you may be ready to roll!! Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now