Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Come on ladies....help us poor TTCers out!

(16 Posts)
pigleychez Tue 01-Sep-09 12:35:38

Some of you will know how horrible the 2 Week Wait is and remember those many hours symptom spotting!

So.... Give us all some hope and tell us what your first early pregnancy sypmtoms were.

motherbeyond Tue 01-Sep-09 12:41:27

only 5 weeks and just found out...but on saturday morning,my dd (3) put her toast with marmalade down next to me.the sweet smell made my tummy lurch...and i knew!

good luck to you all,hope it happens soon for you smile

sheeplikessleep Tue 01-Sep-09 12:55:23

Spots on my nipples blush
A lump in my throat

Hope it happens for you soon x

notjustapuppymum Tue 01-Sep-09 12:56:31

I had period pains around the time I was due on, but no period showed up - later put this down to implantation pain. Apart from that, just really really sore boobs and felt tired beyond belief!

LaCerbiatta Tue 01-Sep-09 12:59:11

I do remember the symptom spotting. But what stayed in mind was that if you're hoping to get pregnant and looking out for symptoms you will feel those symptoms. My first month ttc I was so nauseous and hungry and my boobs were so sore that I called dh and told him we didn't even need to do a test - I just knew for sure I was pregnant! 8 months and a lot of disappointment later, the month I actually go pregnant, I didn't get a single symptom, nothing.

The only symptom I would trust would be not having pms, anything else I personally don't really believe in.

I'm really sorry if this is a really harsh post, but I'm just being honest... I've been there and I hated the hope and then the disappointment. If I was going through it again I would prefer to believe that it is impossible to tell before the test - that way no point in stress with symptom spotting.

Again, apologies if this is harsh....

VanillaIce Tue 01-Sep-09 13:24:08

Just the pregnancy test really. I had been trying for 4 months and each month I could probably have imagined I had various symptoms. I think the first fortnight is a bit early to have any real symptoms (unless you've had a baby before perhaps). Once I got my BFP they came fairly fast though - pronounced veins on my chest area and frequently erect nipples! Didn't feel unwell till five weeks (exactly three weeks after conception).

Good luck, I know you're dying to have a symptom and hopefully you will get one soon - then wish it would go the hell away!

holliejobber Tue 01-Sep-09 14:33:02

This thread has made me stop wallowing in self pity for being pregnant and overdue! Thank you im a lucky ducky and i shouldn't forget it. I also imagined lots of symptoms whilst trying to concieve. But it was always at the times when symptoms were the last thing on my mind but i suddenly had one that made me realise i was pregnant. Like when i was busy with the children and the smell of hot chocolate made me gag suddenly.

Nocoffeenoworkee Tue 01-Sep-09 18:57:20

Whopping and painful boobs, no period pains, a nosebleed. That said, my boobs hurt every month whilst TTC and as someone pointed out below, it was the lack of period pains that really got my hopes up cos they're normally stonkers! The nosebleed was just the icing on the cake (that sounds gross). Tested on the first day my period was due and twas positive; 9 weeks now. Yippee!

Nocoffeenoworkee Tue 01-Sep-09 18:58:54

PS - was also temping and temp stayed high

saltyseadog Tue 01-Sep-09 19:06:23

I think I know I'm pregnant when I don't have symptoms at 4w (obviously symptoms arrived pretty swiftly afterwards at about 5w). I found it very easy to mistake the PMT symptoms of sore boobs, hormonal nutjob, bloatedness etc for the early stages of pregnancy, and then just ended up disappointed....

Good luck with the 2ww - it is horrid (took us over a yeat to conceive this time), but it will happen .

GertBertandFlirt Tue 01-Sep-09 19:09:31

Needing to wee a lot fuuny taste in mouth .

This sounds odd but my wee smelt dtrange aswell a sort of medical smell <sorry TMI>.

Fingers crossed for you all.

herethereandeverywhere Tue 01-Sep-09 19:18:29

I had period-type pains (which actually lasted until about 20 weeks!) and PMS-style moodiness, I really thought that it would be BFN for another month!

I also felt more tired and didn't want to drink lots (I was on a weekend away, this is v.unlike me!)

I was really conscious of my tummy, I lay on my front and once fell on my front (I was snowboarding) and can remember noticing and feeling sensitive/protective of it. Of course it could have just been in my mind as it was my 2ww!

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Tue 01-Sep-09 19:29:04

Sore boobs, both times!

chinook Tue 01-Sep-09 20:12:58

Sore boobs, needing to wee lots, retching when brushing my teeth (sorry) and a monster migraine. I have had to test early with both pregnancies to see if I could take my prescription tablets for the migraine.

Kyte Tue 01-Sep-09 20:34:05

Boob pain, darker nipples, feeling sick, from 4 weeks.....but I went on to have hyperemesis from week 6

CakeForBreakfast Tue 01-Sep-09 20:41:15

I was guilty of symptom spotting and getting hopeful during the 2ww for both pg's, and the only thing different between the (many) bfn's and the 2 bfp's was that it was ONLY on the 2 bfp's that the pre-menstrual twinges and so on were so strong that I was SURE I was not actually pregnant and about to come on any second.

Weird huh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now