Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

There's no denying it is there?

(16 Posts)
abbierhodes Tue 01-Sep-09 12:04:35

My period is 5 days late, I feel nauseous all the time (I gagged when cuddling DS2 because he smelt of toast). My nipples feel like they have nails through them!

I've not done a test yet because I'm not sure how I feel about the result, and I want to get my head straight.

We were trying for a baby, but after a long talk we decided to stop trying as we'd both changed our minds. This was 2 weeks ago, and it now seems it's too late! Typical. (I'd say ironic, but it's annoy the pedants!)

Does anyone have any advice? Sorry for rambling on, my head is messed up!

lal123 Tue 01-Sep-09 12:07:13

only advice would be to do a test. Good luck

abbierhodes Tue 01-Sep-09 12:08:10

Thanks! I'm going to later today I think, I just want to sort out how I feel before it all becomes real, iyswim.

LylaB Tue 01-Sep-09 12:09:43

Do you mind if I ask why you both changed your minds ?

abbierhodes Tue 01-Sep-09 12:17:01

It's hard to explain really.There are lots of reasons. Money is a big one...not that we're money grabbing, but we've been very skint for 5 years now (since I was pregnant with DS1). We were just getting out of that and having a little more freedom, and realised how much we enjoy not having to count every penny. There are also other things we want to do: travelling, further study...which would have to be put back if we had a new baby.

It's one of those situations where my heart is longing for another baby, but my head thinks it's a stupid idea.

abbierhodes Tue 01-Sep-09 12:25:12

I'm popping out now, not ignoring any replies. Will check back later! Any more advice would be really appreciated!

LylaB Tue 01-Sep-09 12:31:30

I really hear what you are saying, but I think nature has taken over on this one.

If it makes you feel better, I know a few people who have gone travelling as families - years later ... in a camper van whilst home-schooling.. they had an awesome time.

What is the worst that can happen ?

Oxymoronic Tue 01-Sep-09 13:31:32

You sound just like us before we found out I was preg. Got used to 8 YO DD being a bit more independant, I'd started studying again, we'd got used to the fact it was just going to be the three of us and weren't that bothered about TTC. So it came as a bit of a shock to find I was after so long trying!

I'm now 22 wks and all the hormones have died down, and I can't wait to see our new DD. Money comes, money goes, anything we have to put back because of the baby doesn't seem that important any more compared with having that new person in our family. If it was only 2 wks ago you'd decided not to, that's not too much of a hurdle to overcome.

If the test is positive, the things you're worrying about can be overcome, but that's just my opinion. I hope it goes well for you smile

MmeLindt Tue 01-Sep-09 13:34:22

If you wait for the perfect time to have a baby, you could wait forever.

Do a test. Talk to your DH.

Good luck.

sweetkitty Tue 01-Sep-09 13:36:48

Do your test then if it's positive come and join us on the Due in May thread grin

Money is always going to be a factor, I remember thinking "how do people manage on ONE wage?" before I had DC, now 5 years later I am pregnant with number 4

ohnelly Tue 01-Sep-09 18:32:06

I assume you always wanted another baby as a brother/sister for your first born? at least this way you can get your lives back sooner afterwards rather than starting again in a few years. There is never an ideal time, and if you wanted it at some point anyway it might as well be now! Thats what im doing anyway am 10wks with DC2 and DS1 is 3.5!! good luck

abbierhodes Tue 01-Sep-09 22:19:09

Thanks for all the comments!
Well, I did the test..and it's positive! So it looks like number 3 is on the way. Overall, we're pleased...I think!

lyla the campervan story sounds ace,it's going to inspire me I think!

ohnelly it's our 3rd child, and we weren't sure that we wanted more than 2! (no point getting into that now I suppose!)

mummy2t Tue 01-Sep-09 22:25:29

congrats!!! you'll be ok, xxxxxxxx

sweetkitty Wed 02-Sep-09 10:52:23

congratulations, when are you due?

It will all be fine, once the baby is here you will wonder what you ever worried about.

PanicMode Wed 02-Sep-09 11:17:59

I'm in a really similar situation - contraception failed, and DH is booked for the snip in two weeks time....number 4 is now on the way and I'm in bits about it, although slowly working my head around it all. As DH said, in percentage terms, adding another baby isn't that big a deal ...but adding a fourth set of uni fees, four sets of shoes/uniforms, making four lunchboxes each day....eeek!!

I want to say congratulations, but I've not felt like being congratulated - so perhaps hugs and commmiserations, and congrats if you want them - I hope that we'll both be feeling more positive come April/May time!!

LylaB Wed 02-Sep-09 11:37:32

Congrats Abbie !

PanicMode - nature gives you what you can handle. It will be OK once you get your head round it .. you can do this. grin

xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now