Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Buying a double buggy?

(13 Posts)
Michellebrookeandbump Tue 01-Sep-09 09:34:34

Hey - I am a bit new to all of this I have a little girl Brooke she is 20months and i am expecting another girl in 8 weeks (due 24th oct) and i was just wondering if anyone has been in the same boat when it comes to getting a double buggy.. i dont know whether to get one or not as i have kept my very beautiful pram from when brooke was smaller and i'd much rather use that but then what do i do about Brooke i dont think she is big enough for a buggy board and as we're due the end of october it will be getting quite cold.

any ideas??? x

londonlottie Tue 01-Sep-09 09:46:42

Message withdrawn

Deemented Tue 01-Sep-09 10:47:16

My dd will be 20 months when this one comes along and although i have a lovely pram that i had with my ds, i don't think dd is old enough for a buggy board, nor do i fancy putting her on a seat on top of the pram in the middle of winter.

So i bought a pre-loved First Wheels City Twin from ebay. It has a carrycot attachment for baby, and best of all imo is the fact that the seats can be turned to either face you, or out at the world. I can't wait to try it out!!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Tue 01-Sep-09 10:56:07

My DS will be 21 months when baby comes along. I'm in a tizz too. If I get a cheap tandem, it might not be very easy to manoever or the front seat might not go back, it might be too heavy or difficult to get up curbs, and it might not fit into my car boot. We also have a small house so I need it to be quite compact. If we get those side by side buggy things, they won't fit in shop doors. Or any doors, really.

I'm really confused. So very interested in this thread.

winogal Tue 01-Sep-09 11:04:44

My DS was 23 months when DS2 was born and I had a similar swither ... eventually got a double Out'n'About Nipper 360 - best money I ever spent! It's extremely lightweight and easy to steer, and even though its a side-by-side it fits through pretty much all doorways. Couldn't recommend it highly enough! And the wheels pop on and off very easily if car boot space is tight.

readyfornumber2and3 Tue 01-Sep-09 11:09:24

I have 4 week old twins and went with a jane powertwin pro and its fab!
works well with a toddler and baby too and as its not side by side it fits through shop doors easily

flowerybeanbag Tue 01-Sep-09 11:09:56

I've just ordered a Phil and Teds Vibe for when DS2 arrives in 9 weeks. The winter weather was part of the reason I've done that rather than stick with the single buggy we had, plus the fact that a buggy board doesn't work with it.

One good thing about the Phil and Teds is that it can easily convert back to a single if DS1 decides he wants to walk everywhere, and also the resale value on ebay is fantastic, so hopefully it shouldn't actually cost us very much overall if we keep it in good nick.

Michellebrookeandbump Tue 01-Sep-09 14:02:51

i was going to by a P+T Vibe but again i really want to use my pram it cost me so much money and although i hadn't anticipated being pregnant again so soon i would really like to make the most of it

tvfriend Tue 01-Sep-09 14:05:42

Go for the P+T Sport- cheaper than the Vibe and just as good (if not better?). Can get some good deals on it.

jellylegs Wed 07-Oct-09 12:11:23

Help!!!!Have new born twins ....have brought Little Nipper off Ebay but cannot put front 'easy release wheel' back on!!Any idea's Wondermums.smile

lillypie Wed 07-Oct-09 12:15:29

Is the front brake on?The wheel will go back on if you release it.

mumx2boys Mon 12-Oct-09 13:18:45

Am expecting ds1 30 oct when ds2 will be 20 months. I walk alot and do most of supermarket shopping on foot so decided
i needed a buggy that held both children.

I am very tall 6.1 and as much as I would have liked a phil and teds for getting through doors it is far too short for me, I have to hunch and shuffle so as to not kick the back.

Have just bought a double mountain buggy from ebay and after one test drive with ds1 and teddy it seems great.

londonlottie Mon 12-Oct-09 13:58:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now