Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

why is it hard to find a maternity dress for a wedding

(24 Posts)
Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 09:09:06

aaaaarrrrrgggggg ive got my fiances sisters wedding the end of september and finding it really hard to find a nice not to expensive maternity dress for it.
any advice
xx

KateMess Tue 01-Sep-09 09:26:10

Try this site - it's not super cheap, but the stuff is much nicer than anything else I've seen.

sherby Tue 01-Sep-09 09:29:10

lots of nice dresses here

Michellebrookeandbump Tue 01-Sep-09 09:37:51

i have recently just been in this boat! well as recent as friday.. i struggled to find anything for the wedding so i had a dress made and it wasnt too expensive £60 and it was absolutely amazing

why not think about what you would want and find a dress maker??

llareggub Tue 01-Sep-09 09:43:30

I bought an Isabella Oliver dress with the mumsnet discount for £95. I wore it to two weddings and then sold it on ebay for £50. I was surprised to get that much as it had a small hole on the sleeve.

It was great quality and I felt great in it. IO stuff resells on ebay very well.

breakingnews Tue 01-Sep-09 09:49:47

I went to a wedding at 36 weeks and got a maxi dress from ebay for about £20 or so.... did the trick... but then it was a beach wedding...

Had it delivered un hemmed and then my mum hemmed it so it was all straight and didn't come up at the front!

Restrainedrabbit Tue 01-Sep-09 09:52:58

I wore this one and found it very comfortable and versatile afterwards i.e. wore it over jeans/with boots/for work etc.

www.picchumaternity.com/uk/acatalog/maternity_shift_dress.html I was very disappointed with the Isabella Oliver ones, thought they were a lot of money for poor quality material.

MIAonline Tue 01-Sep-09 09:57:31

Blooming marvellous have a few very cheap dresses in their sale that could be dressed up or down so you could get more than one wear out of it

here for £10!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Tue 01-Sep-09 10:03:42

I looked on debenhams for you but there's sod all. Have you tried next and newlook? I think asos have a maternity section now too?

Moosy Tue 01-Sep-09 10:06:27

I'm going to a ball in October when I'll be about 30 weeks and I got this dress for less than £30 on ebay. Hoping to resell it in time for Christmas too. There are quite a few on ebay all the time so it's worth keeping checking back every couple of days.

Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 11:32:32

MIAonline i tried that dress they dont have any left which i was gutted bout cause i love it

totallyandutterlypaninied i know sweet ive look nearly everywhere. does primark do them lol

Labella77 Tue 01-Sep-09 11:51:47

Hi Monsoon do some great Maxi dresses which sit really well over bumps, i went to 2 weddings one at 24 weeks and one at 32 in the same dress, and I'm a lardarse as well but the size 20 still fitted on me.

MIAonline Thu 03-Sep-09 21:00:01

Hope you come back to this thread!

Remembered your post when I was trawling the next website and saw this maternity dress for £20

could be dressed up or down

MIAonline Thu 03-Sep-09 21:01:01

Scroll down a bit, obviously I don't mean the bikini! grin

brightonbleach Thu 03-Sep-09 21:05:10

have you seen the Littlewoods catalogue online range? Holly whatsername (new presenter of This Morning! sorry, brain gone fuzzy/blank) has a new mat range on there. Also, additions direct online has a ok mat range.

macleody Thu 03-Sep-09 21:27:02

Try tiffany rose got a gorgeous dress for family wedding. Will be posting mine in ebay as soon as this baby is out but hoping to go for one or two more posh dinners before hand to get some wear out of it! ;-)

biggernow Thu 03-Sep-09 21:36:08

topshop do some good maternity dresses suitable for weddings sometimes (look online or at oxford street branch) and there are often some lovely loose dresses in Zara that suit pregnancy!

kikid Thu 03-Sep-09 21:48:23

Wallis, i found a gorgeous emerald green a line, iyswim, gathered on bust and then floaty. £20 in the sale, looked great for wedding.

Mummy2be2009 Fri 04-Sep-09 11:30:44

MIAonline omg i love it just emailed the pic yo my fiance its perfect for the wedding
xxx

MIAonline Fri 04-Sep-09 20:00:36

Thats great mummy2be, I am really pleased you like it. Will keep my fingers crossed that they have it in stock and you get it in time for the wedding smile

Mummy2be2009 Fri 04-Sep-09 22:27:07

ive just odrered it miaonline i got it in a 8 cause thats the size i was before getting pregnant and ive been told when you get maternity clothes you get the size you are lol

tryingtobemarypoppins Fri 04-Sep-09 22:49:03

KateMess that site is soooooooooooo expensive!

Toppy Sat 05-Sep-09 22:26:42

Just came across this website which has a few colourfull wedding type dresses on there. Some are v good value - have not seen it before

www.hautemamaboutique.com

2ndtimem2b Wed 23-Sep-09 21:59:06

I have got the same problem! Going to be 34 weeks pregnant at my sister in laws wedding in November and I can not find a thing to wear! I know how you feel tho cause you want to feel special as it is someone so close to you! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now