Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby sleeping bags

(25 Posts)
Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 08:45:28

has anyone used them my dp has just brought some and im not to sure on them

can anyone help or give advise on them

xxx

MamaG Tue 01-Sep-09 08:50:10

Yes I use them. You need to research the "tog" values for which is appropriate to use.

think they are only suitable for babies over 10lbs too

They are great though

notnowbernard Tue 01-Sep-09 08:51:34

They are great, especially once the baby starts to kick around enough to shove their blankets off, which tends to wake them up

sheeplikessleep Tue 01-Sep-09 08:53:11

i love them, but did use swaddle blanket initially, as ds would only sleep / slept longer if swaddled. i think from about 3 or 4 months old if i remember.

pippel Tue 01-Sep-09 08:54:07

what is it you are not sure about?

I used blankets first time, and sleeping bags this time and I much prefer the bags, especially since my baby is very wriggly!

KingRolo Tue 01-Sep-09 08:55:39

They are great, I used them from about 4 months (also swaddled before that). DD usually wears a legless long-sleeve vest underneath, too warm to wear a babygro at the moment.

Luxmum Tue 01-Sep-09 09:04:25

They are good - it stops the baby kicking off the blankets at night. I had to stop using them once DC wanted to stand, as then they'd just topple over liek a tree. I switched to onesies PJs with legs after that.

Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 09:05:52

just cause they lookj big and dont want her to suffercate my partner has rescreached them and he said there safe but i wasnt to sure
i do like the sound of swaddling tho

xxx

EyeballsintheSky Tue 01-Sep-09 09:06:52

Most of them are over 7lb 7oz I think. I used them from the start with dd and they were great. She stopped using them just before the summer so, about 16 months although I'm going to have another go now it's getting cooler. My niece was in one till she was 3.5.

TigerFeet Tue 01-Sep-09 09:10:27

They do look big but that's only so the baby has room to kick inside them. The top bits are fairly well fitted.

They are great, especially in the winter.

spongebrainmaternitypants Tue 01-Sep-09 09:10:31

DS hated them (screamed until we took him out of it) so we never used them. He has blanket/sheet in winter and sheet in summer. Usually kicks it off but has never woken him.

He slept in long legged babygros with feet in the winter and short ones in the summer - now just moved into long legged pjs but with a t-shirt cos he didn't want long sleeves!

Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 09:11:43

thanks for all this girls just that this is my first so im new to all this
just scared i guess
xxx

Tommy Tue 01-Sep-09 09:13:01

I used them for all 3 DSs - think they're great. I only used thre "original" Gro-bag ones though as they are v clear about tog, temperature and what your baby should wear with them etc

Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 09:16:15

tommy thank you sweet the ones we got came with themometers so im guessing there what there for lol

beautifulgirls Tue 01-Sep-09 11:31:04

So long as you get the right size for the size of your baby they are safe. Used with both DD and plan to use again for this little one when s/he is big enough. Swaddling before that.

sheeplikessleep Tue 01-Sep-09 11:52:26

They look big, but the poppers on each side of the neck ensure they fit snugly and they cannot ride up over the face (i.e. the gap isn't big enough for head).

When they are on and popped up, they fit quite snugly around the neck and armpits. If that makes sense?

StrikeUpTheBand Tue 01-Sep-09 11:58:53

DS wore his from 7 and a half lbs (they used to do ones suitable from that weight) right up until he turned 2 and moved into a bed. They are great for dealing with the baby in the middle of the night and putting them back into bed half asleep as there is not the same 'jolt' that cold bedcovers might give them and wake them up!

Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 12:08:35

sheeplikessleep they look huge thats what scared me lol i was like to my fiance they are really big

strikeuptheband yeh i dont want her waking up when ive just feed her and just got her off to sleep lol

Tommy Tue 01-Sep-09 17:50:58

the latest one sform Grobag had a vent in the back so you can put them in the pushchair or car seat with them on - very handy when coming home at bedtime smile

ohnelly Tue 01-Sep-09 18:04:01

I used them until my son got too big for them, they are great and safe and you dont have to worry about blankets coming off or putting baby at the bottom of cot so blankets dont come up. Before I discovered these I was checking blankets constantly but with these I could sleep well knowing my son was warm and safe. cant recommend them highly enough !

Mummy2be2009 Tue 01-Sep-09 20:15:00

tommy thats quiet i good idea

ohnelly i would be like that to so glad that my fiance got them he is a star

xx

MamaG Tue 01-Sep-09 23:19:27

I do recommend swaddling tho in the early days, all 3 of mine liked it.

RoryGilmore Tue 01-Sep-09 23:25:37

apart from the first 3 weeks (when she didn't sleep anyway_ we've never used anything else. She's 22mo now.

brettgirl2 Wed 02-Sep-09 08:23:06

You can use grobag (or at least the one I bought) from 7lbs and I did! Those first three weeks before she got there were a nightmare!!!! Swaddling may work for some but my dd was very kicky and if swaddled screamed until she got her arms back grin.

Mummy2be2009 Wed 02-Sep-09 09:35:59

mamag my fiance has been reading up on that and its something i like the sound of

brettgirl2 i wanna use them as early as i can just so she gets use to them

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now