Talk

Advanced search

Extremely Worried

(8 Posts)
Pineapple12 Mon 31-Aug-09 20:09:01

I'm around 6 weeks pregnant and i'm experiencing cramps that are slightly heavier than menstrual cramps and can sometimes be slightly painful but they only happen every now and then especially when I'm moving around alot.

I experienced the same sort of cramps when i was pregnant last year and ended up having a miscarriage within 8 weeks of my pregnany

MamaLazarou Mon 31-Aug-09 20:15:42

It's perfectly normal to have cramps during the first weeks of pregnancy. Mine carried on until at least week 10 (am now 19 weeks). They were worse than my usual period cramps. Try not to worry darling.

alana39 Mon 31-Aug-09 20:18:19

Pineapple sorry to hear you are going through this - I know there's no way you can stop worrying, but things won't necessarily turn out the same this time.

I had a miscarriage picked up at dating scan last year, and so when I was 12 weeks pregnant this time and started to bleed I assumed the same thing would happen - but it didn't and am now 31 weeks pg.

There's lots of congestion in your pelvis early in pregnancy and some cramping is often normal. Hopefully it will pass and just be one of those things.

Pineapple12 Mon 31-Aug-09 20:24:27

Thank you i needed abit of reassurance. I can't stop worrying, it's all i think about sometimes.

I'd been smoking within the first 4 weeks of my pregnancy because i didn't realise that i was pregnant but as soon as i found out i stopped. Is it a higher chance that i could have a miscarriage due to this.

LeeWT Mon 31-Aug-09 20:30:06

pineapple ive had quite a lot of cramping but i think its normal..

i dont know if it will help but theres a thread called "Totally's grads" who are all people who have mc and are now pregnant.. we are all handholding and commiserating on the knicker checking that post mc brings.. you'd be welcome x

Pineapple12 Mon 31-Aug-09 20:40:08

Thank you x

jellybean86 Mon 31-Aug-09 20:48:28

Dont worry hun. I had severe cramps weeks 6-8, so bad i couldnt breathe and was rushed to hospital several times and admitted. Things where fine, just things streching apparently, my god it hurt like hell though!! Thoughts are with you xx

MamaLazarou Tue 01-Sep-09 07:24:29

Well done for giving up the fags, Pineapple. I have never heard of a link between smoking and miscarriage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now