Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know what the cough medicine is that helps conception?

(8 Posts)
Purplepanettone Mon 31-Aug-09 18:01:14

I used this medicine to help conceive DC3, but can't remember what it is. The active ingredient loosens 'bodily fluids' shock and aids ttc.

It is recommended in the Tony W book. Does anyone know?

Thanks

sunburntats Mon 31-Aug-09 18:05:22

rbitusin i think.
there is a conception section on here, also clomid, ivf etc if you search through the topics at the top.

they are a friendly bunch and very helpful.
x

welshdeb Mon 31-Aug-09 18:10:35

Its Robitussin but you must have the expectorant one, it is supposed to help in the production of mucus in the body.

freudianslips Mon 31-Aug-09 18:48:38

the active ingredient you're after is guaiphenesin / guaifenesin, found in a variety of OTC cough remedies. Remember not to buy one that also has antihistamines in, since this will have the opposite drying up effect!

I got so fed up of taking it that I actually just bought some mucinex tablets from the US.

Kyte Mon 31-Aug-09 21:04:04

You get the same effect from just drinking grapefruit juice though. I mixed mine with orange juice to make it taste nicer. Conceived first time, twice.

bamboostalks Mon 31-Aug-09 21:09:50

Ooo freudianslips Am very interested.
What sort of dosage and for how long before fertile days did you take mucinex? Thanks.
I hate the tase of robitussin so will get some of this if I can.

freudianslips Mon 31-Aug-09 21:49:42

I took two tablets of mucinex per day from the point at which my fertility monitor read 'high'. So that gave me about 3 days of taking it before predicted ovulation - I also took it on the approx day of ovulation and the day after, in case it gave any slow sperm a helping hand (!).

i actually bought two bottles, unopened and completely sealed in plastic, from a reliable seller of US goods on ebay. Since it is available over the counter in the US it's not illegal to import it (just as buying paracetamol or similar over ebay is fine). i got soooo fed up of the taste of cough medicine.

Google 'mucinex' and you'll find the manufacturer's website.

bamboostalks Tue 01-Sep-09 21:29:28

Thanks so much freudianslips, think I will buy some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now