Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35 weeks, stomach cramping, Can i use a hot water bottle to ease the pain? Or is it not wise having something so hot near the babies head?

(6 Posts)
LittleMissBliss Sun 30-Aug-09 21:18:19

I'm just about to go to bed and have had cramping all day (period like pains). I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and was wondering if it would be ok to use a hot waterbottle?

Or would it be better to take some paracetomol?

LittleMissBliss Sun 30-Aug-09 21:26:52

anyone? May try and google it....

tutu100 Sun 30-Aug-09 21:27:48

Do you think they maybe contractions? I think maybe you should give your midwife a ring.

LittleMissBliss Sun 30-Aug-09 21:34:25

No i don't think so it just feels like dull period pains, Not really painful just annoying.

This is how the start of my labour did start with dshmm but i had already had leaking waters at that stage and i was 38+ weeks

LittleMissBliss Sun 30-Aug-09 21:37:52

Plus the baby is very active so am thinking its just stretching in that area.... or something... although his head is quite low, but they say with 2nd pregnancies the babies head pop in and out and doesn't really engage until the start of labour.

Besides DP is on holiday until Thursday and i am home alone with ds. So it can not possibly be contractions!

RenderedSpeechless Sun 30-Aug-09 21:50:32

Could it be strong Braxtons? I am 36/37 weeks tomorrow and being having similar pains for a few days now. Feel like i want to roll into the foetal position and stay there until the delivery. Wouldnt advise hot bottle though. Hope it becomes managable - esp while your DP away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now