Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No morning sickness with second pregnancy but lots with first - should i be worried?

(7 Posts)
Rubyshoos Sun 30-Aug-09 18:27:24

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good but after an early miscarriage a few months ago I'm really worried. When I was pregnant with my ds two years ago, I was pretty much sick sick sick immediately and felt truly dreadful for the first twelve weeks. So here I am now feeling pretty normal and I'm worried! Can any of you lovely ladies put my mind at rest, is it unusual to suffer in the first pregnancy and feel normal in the second? I'm pretty sure I've read that most of your pregnancy's are meant to be the same and sickness is good because it means high HGC levels - oh dear!

Amapoleon Sun 30-Aug-09 18:30:21

I had the same but in reverse. With dd, my first, I had no morning sickness and worried. With ds I was as sick as a dog, the whole way through and still worried.

% weeks is very early, it still may kick in and then you'll be cross with yourself for wishing it.

Good luck smile

Amapoleon Sun 30-Aug-09 18:31:15

Whoops I meant 5 weeks.

kathyis6incheshigh Sun 30-Aug-09 18:31:25

If you're only 5 weeks it probably hasn't hit you yet! Sorry!
I wouldn't worry, pregnancies can vary with regard to sickness, but for most people it doesn't start till 6 weeks so the most likely thing is that it's just starting later this time.
Good luck with the pregnancy. I really hope it works out.

thisisyesterday Sun 30-Aug-09 18:31:30

i had the same thing! really sick with ds1, but pretty much nothing with ds2 or ds3.
i worried myself sick about it, just like you are esp about the HCG and all that.
turned out fine though

mazzystartled Sun 30-Aug-09 18:33:30

I was a lot less sick, a lot less early with DD than I had been with DS 2 years earlier.

There's still plenty of time to feel rough!

PrincessTweetz Sun 30-Aug-09 19:56:54

Enjoy it while it lasts!!!!!!!! I was the same, and on the days the sickness hits me...trust me it hits! I'm 9 weeks now, and trying to make the most of th not so bad days, esp with a lil one to run after. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now