Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me your cravings and what sex your baby was? I know it has no truth in it but.....

(70 Posts)
LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 30-Aug-09 18:20:56

Am very interested.

thisisyesterday Sun 30-Aug-09 18:23:29

DS1- mcdonalds strawberry milkshake, curry, liquorice

DS2- liquorice, carrots, crisps

DS3- carrots, meat (lamb in particular- am a vegetarian!!)

sunburntats Sun 30-Aug-09 18:23:50

ice....boy.

GoldenSnitch Sun 30-Aug-09 18:25:09

DS - fruit. Lots and lots of fruit

expecting DD and currently - roast chicken dinners and strawberry laces!

nancy75 Sun 30-Aug-09 18:25:14

mcdonalds, ice, really cold coca cola...girl

KembleTwins Sun 30-Aug-09 18:25:41

The only real craving I had was milk. I was having twin girls. I guess I needed the extra calcium. Also had pretend cravings, most notably jelly babies.

thisisyesterday Sun 30-Aug-09 18:26:57

ooh yes actually with ds1 i really wanted roast potatoes.
and with ds2 and 3 i wanted cola. which is odd because normally i really, really can't stand it

LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 30-Aug-09 18:27:11

hmm....

mine have all been oranges, chocolate, mcdonalds (mostly the beef i think), sweets, biscuits.

this time its all savoury - garlic bread, pizza, marmite on toast (have never eaten marmite until now) toad in the hole, mashed pots.... gravy.... ?!?

thisisyesterday Sun 30-Aug-09 18:28:26

LOTF might it be the saltiness you like? i def wanted more salty stuff when pg each time.

what do you already have?

francagoestohollywood Sun 30-Aug-09 18:29:11

ds: anchovies, and blueberry and chocolate ice cream with whipped cream

dd: liquorice, the bitter, the better. ANd milk chocolate (especially kit kat), when I'm usually a dark chocolate person

Portofino Sun 30-Aug-09 18:30:25

dd - sweet things. Odd as I generally prefer savoury things. Sweet and sour prawn balls was a biggy and the stodgy puddings in the work canteen. I has to FORCE myself to eat vegetables which i normally love.

TeamEdward Sun 30-Aug-09 18:31:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyslippers Sun 30-Aug-09 18:33:27

DS - chillis

DC2 (due in 5 weeks) - sweets! no idea what the sex is ...

scratchet Sun 30-Aug-09 18:35:03

ds1: bath sponges

dd1: bath sponges

27 weeks pregnant with ds2: bath sponges

Amapoleon Sun 30-Aug-09 18:36:26

dd chocolate digestives with mature cheddar cheese on top

Ds Green olives, dill pickles and Jalapeño peppers.

lost4words Sun 30-Aug-09 18:41:52

Opal Fruits and pink wafer biscuits... girl

LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 30-Aug-09 18:44:49

also with every preg, like to sniff cherry blossom shoe polish. how bad is that? once i get to about 15/16 weeks it will be all i can think about. blush
thats whats happened first 3 times anyway.

they are all boys.

wb Sun 30-Aug-09 18:46:07

Bath sponges - with both ds1 and ds2 (Scratchet, how re-assuring, I thought I was the only one).

ThePhantomPlopper Sun 30-Aug-09 18:46:44

DS - Ice cubes, fizzy drinks and Jif Ocean fresh floor cleaner.

DD - Marmite on toast and chocolate.

DC3 - Nothing so far.

mmrred Sun 30-Aug-09 18:47:19

Ice, grapefruit and a frozen dessert called Pecan Pie (can't get it any more)flaky pastry marzipan and pecan...girl

Servalan Sun 30-Aug-09 18:47:55

DD - I craved whole milk, kiwi fruit and pineapple. On the opposite end of the scale, I totally went off olives for the duration of the pregnancy - couldn't even walk past an olive counter without feeling ill (usually love them!)

leothelioness Sun 30-Aug-09 18:49:56

DS1- mcdonalds (fillet o fish), roast chicken and chick peas
DS2- Chickpeas and tomatoes

I wonder if that is why ds1 has always been so much chunkier than ds2 grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 30-Aug-09 18:52:47

This pg, cannot bear to be around garlic, could not drink coffee for first few months. Crave stodgy savoury food such as pasta, mash, rice, also tomatoes peanut butter, in first two trimesters when I could not eat anything, craved sharp and sour (lemon, lime) and for some reason trifle! - its a boy.

Last pg - went off garlic, coffee, wine. Craved fruit, in particular a mix of banana, orange, grapefruit, grapes and strawberries, yoghurt, and for some reason trifle grin, I now have a daughter.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sun 30-Aug-09 18:53:49

oh and this pg cannot stand the smell of petrol. It makes me heave. I can smell it when I get out of the car, whether I am filling up or not.

Heathcliffscathy Sun 30-Aug-09 18:54:56

tomatoes and mozzarella: boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now