Talk

Advanced search

Herpes :(

(5 Posts)
cobra Tue 31-May-05 14:21:54

I am well into my 2nd trimester and just had a bout of herpes I had totally forgotten that i have it as it only occurs once in a blue moon and is over quickly. I had forgotten to mention this to my midwife but hv arranged to see her. Has anybody else had GH in pregnancy? Shd i be worried?

jampots Tue 31-May-05 14:24:17

dont know anyone who's had a flare up during pregnancy but definitely should mention it to midwife.

popsycal Tue 31-May-05 14:31:43

think you only need to worry if it is your first ever flare up, or if you are about to give birth

do check with midwife

LP2 Tue 31-May-05 14:32:29

Mention it to your midwife... but don't worry. I had a couple of small flare ups while pregnant. My GP told me to use zovirax cream ( I usually take the tablets) which I did. The important thing is that your midwife/doctor know for the birth. If you have flare up at time of birth, you would need to have a c-section. My Obs/gyn at time of dd birth perscribed zovirax tablets for a few weeks before birth to prevent flare up. My Obs/gyn for ds birth (3 months ago) gave me a swab test about a month before due date which was negative. He then just asked me to let him know if I have any symtoms at any time before the birth. I didn't and went on to have natural delivery

cobra Tue 31-May-05 15:14:09

Not the first. They are really a rare occurence. Cant get an appointment with midwife or doctor until next week. Will definitely tell then. LP2 - glad am not the only woman to have gone through this - thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now