Talk

Advanced search

Orangey/yellow discharge

(10 Posts)
sahara78 Sun 30-Aug-09 17:29:40

I normally get greensih discharge which I know to be normal, but all today its been orangey yellow - anyone had anyexperience of this

I am just over 11 weeks pregnant

Should I call the midwife on Tuesday - typical it happens over the bank holiday

JRocks Sun 30-Aug-09 17:35:41

do you have an on call mw number or out of hours gp service? I'd call that. Could be nothing, or maybe BV?

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Sun 30-Aug-09 17:37:44

I didn't think a green discharge was normal? Sorry I may be wrong but.....

sahara78 Sun 30-Aug-09 17:43:23

Its not green green - just a greenish tint - i think that is normal - well I have been having for weeks now and I got it around certain times of the month when not pregnant - it doesn't smell or anything.

I have mentioned it my Dr and he's not concerend have been tested for sti's and others soooo...

Anyway I am more concerned that orangey yellow is not normal for me

barbie1 Sun 30-Aug-09 17:47:00

hi sahara i have had yellow/ orange discharge from about week 8 to week 14....im 4 months now. Went to gp and had everything tested, its normal....hmm or so she said!

Its due to your cervix being slightly aggitated which causes a very very smalll amount of bleeding, mixed with normal discharge it starts to look orange, hope this helps.

sahara78 Sun 30-Aug-09 17:53:24

Aaahhh - thanks for that - was worried about infection or something.

Will prob check it out with the midwife to be safe - but thats made me feel better - thanks

barbie1 Sun 30-Aug-09 17:55:19

no probs smile

Issy42 Mon 31-Aug-09 13:51:50

Sahara - I googled orange discharge before for someone else asking the same question. Read that it was normal in pregnancy.

Issy42 Mon 31-Aug-09 13:54:17

Oh and I had the green tinged cm with my first pregnancy from about 3 weeks until mc at 5 weeks and then went back to normal. Haven't got it this time though, guess each pregnancy is different.

sahara78 Tue 01-Sep-09 20:32:13

Thanks Issy,

Its seems to have returned to its normal greenish tinge now.

Tried to call the midwife today - but alas no answer or call back.

I feel better now it has gone - just worried there was an infection or something
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now