Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm panicking and I should probably not...?

(5 Posts)
GuernseyFrench Sat 29-Aug-09 18:03:59

I am 15 weeks pregs with my 1st and over the last week I started feeling the baby moving (small quicks from the inside).
I am just finishing a 22 days course of antibiotics for various infection (the last one been a water infection.

I have not felt the baby moving for 2 days and I have been suffering from belly cramps.

I worry that I am losing the baby as I haven't feel it moving and I start panicking!! DH wanted me to call my mw but as I'm seeing her on Monday thought I could wait.

Sorry for the longish post but I am sooooo worried about it.

rubyslippers Sat 29-Aug-09 18:05:22

your baby has probably changed position

HOWEVER, call your MW or labour ward for advice because you are worried and you don't need to have another 36 hours of stress about it

LuluMaman Sat 29-Aug-09 18:07:26

i would call the hospital today as you are clearly worried and monday is a while away yet

it might simply be that at 15 weeks, you are not feeling regular kicks as the baby is still so small and could well be kicking/moving towards your back, it is more usual not to feel movement so early on in a first pregnancy

however, as you have not felt any movement and are having cramping pains, i woudl phone the Ante natal ward, although oyu might need to go to gynae ward .

there is not a huge amount that can be done, but a scan perhaps or lsitening in to the baby, think it is too early for a CTG though\

i do think you could benefit from some reassruance before monday though

thisisyesterday Sat 29-Aug-09 18:10:29

if you are worried then call the hospital, or get your dh to do ti.

while he does it, lie down, drink a big cold drink and just wait.
this was alwahys a sure fire way of getting ds1 to move when i was pregnant with him!!

GuernseyFrench Sat 29-Aug-09 21:03:51

Thanks for all your answers.

I've just been to A&E where the on-call obstetrician was there, he gave me a scan and everything is okay (sigh of relief) and the GP thinks the pains are linked to my water infection. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now