Talk

Advanced search

pregant and have irritation down below, anyone else get this?

(13 Posts)
dibleydoughnut Tue 31-May-05 10:47:08

hi iam 35 weeks pg, and for quite some time have been experiencing a burning pain and irritation on intercourse, it seems to be on penetration, have used ky jelly(no help) and have had various tests for thrush, etc all came back clear, now im worried that when i deliver and push its going to be even more painful! some advice or reassurance would be great!

Kiwifruit Tue 31-May-05 12:09:39

Unfortunately I can't help, but have been having the same problem, so will be interested to hear responses...

nervousmum2be Tue 31-May-05 12:48:23

I have this too. After being unsuccessfully treated for thrush etc, my GP sent me to a gynae with a dermatology background who diagnosed me as having 'gestational vulval eczema'. Aqueous cream helps, as does 1% hydrocortisone cream (must be prescribed) for when its really bad. Hope this helps...

nervousmum2be Tue 31-May-05 12:49:55

oops, forgot to say, Boots does a big tub of Aqueous Cream BP for approx £2.80 - they keep it behind the counter, so just ask at the pharmacy counter.

Tessiebear Tue 31-May-05 13:13:33

Sorry no advice - just a comment - You are having SEX at 35 weeks pg!?!?!?!
I am 36 weeks and my DH says he needs David attenborough to help him get anywhere near!!!!

Rhubarb Tue 31-May-05 13:37:30

I had that too, I gave up sex because every time it felt like my waters had gone or something.

I had a home birth and it wasn't that bad so don't worry, it's pretty much normal.

18mumtobe Wed 01-Jun-05 13:05:37

hi

i have a similar problem as sex has always been quite painful even before i was pg. now im 41 wks and its still uncomfortable sometimes and i suffer with stinging and irritation afterwards for a little while. i don't really have any advise as i just put up with it really and since ive been pg we haven't had sex as much anyway. i am worried like you that pushing this baby out is gonna hurt like hell, but im sure we will be fine and im going for induction on monday so ill let you know how the birth goes and how it felt if you wanna know that is.

dibleydoughnut Thu 02-Jun-05 10:28:10

thanks 18mumtobe that would be great! if you could, best wishesx

missycantstop Mon 13-Jun-05 15:16:10

ask to be checked for b.v. i kept thinking i had thrush and kept going to the doctors there treatment never worked a year later i found out it wasnt thrush but b.v.

Kiwifruit Mon 13-Jun-05 22:08:57

B.V? Sorry, a bit thick - what's bv?

missycantstop Tue 14-Jun-05 11:37:19

I cant remember the exact name. its classed as an s.t.i.. btu is not sexually transmitted. it occurs in your body due to changes such as your periods. I will try to find out more info 2 let you know. Oh and your not thick i had never hard of it until i was told i had it last october and i still had to find out info of what it is and does.

missycantstop Tue 14-Jun-05 11:38:24

sorry btu - should of been but.

kangaruyu2 Mon 25-Jul-05 11:49:09

i have this super itchy all on lips that i can't figure out, either. lots of sticky discharge . pap smear came back clear for everything too. guess i just have to brave the gp. told a mw, and she just said 'oh yeah'. i think she was more concerned cos i spent my whole session crying. stupid pregnancy hormones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now