Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 weeks and not feeling movement

(18 Posts)
Deemented Sat 29-Aug-09 07:01:22

Basicly as the title says - i'm 20 weeks and haven't felt any movement at all yet. I have to admit that i'm now starting to get a bit worried. With my twins, i felt movement from about 18 weeks, and with dd, from about 14 weeks. But nothing at the moment. No fluttery feelings or anything. I know every pregnancy is different, but i can't help but worry that there's something wrong.

oopsacoconut Sat 29-Aug-09 07:14:09

Dee - I didn't feel anything with DD until 21 weeks. I think with 3 other LOs you just don't have the time to sit and feel it IYSWIM.

ClaudiaSchiffer Sat 29-Aug-09 07:32:28

I think oops is probably right - with twins and a dd you must be rushing around. But as you are worried can you make an appt with your doc/midwife and get them to listen to the heartbeat?

MRSVICTOR Sat 29-Aug-09 09:17:01

I'm 20wks and haven't felt any movement had 2 scans recently and all is well with the babys heart etc (and its jumping around like a mad thing in there) so dont be too disheartened. But like CS said if you're worried best get it checked out to put your mind at rest.

carrielou2007 Sat 29-Aug-09 10:13:58

Same here, 21 and a half weeks and nothing. I did find out at my last scan that I have an anterior placenta so hoping will just have to wait until this one is a bit bigger as dd was a real kicker!!

TXB Tue 01-Sep-09 00:33:25

I was always worried if my one was not making movements I could feel so I bought a heart monitor - best £40 I've ever spent! Whilst you might not be able to hear the baby's heartbeat until 22 weeks plus, you can hear the bumps (which are little kicks you can't feel) much earlier which always put my mind at ease.

kiwibaby1 Wed 02-Sep-09 11:31:01

I am 20weeks and I don't feel the movements yet!!!I am a bit nervous about it

mummytopebs Wed 02-Sep-09 11:38:53

I am 19 weeks and havent felt movement yet either, i felt it at 16 weeks with dd x I went to hospital on saturday as have low blood sugar and they checked the babies heart beat then which was a relief. I would say ring your midwife and ask for a listen in to put your mind at ease.

Issy42 Fri 04-Sep-09 17:51:30

I only started feeling movement a week ago at 19w4d and then wouldn't have recognised it if people hadn't told me to watch out for a bubbles popping sensation. Since then still having days where don't feel anything. Had detailed scan yesterday and she was moving about constantly - the sonographer was losing patience with her - but I couldn't feel a thing. I also have an anterior placenta. I was told it can be up to 24 weeks before movements are felt so try not to worry, but I'm sure your GP/midwife would be happy to have a listen to put your mind at rest.

Deemented Fri 04-Sep-09 22:44:35

Just coming back to say that i had my anomaly scan today, and baby is fine - moving and wriggling about well, but i have an anterior placenta which may account fo me not feeling much movement.

Thanks for all your posts.

ClaudiaSchiffer Sat 05-Sep-09 23:58:20

Hurrah, glad to hear it Deemented. You must be so relieved. smile

dizzymare Sun 06-Sep-09 00:01:42

Only just seen this Dee, am very glad your scan went well. At least you can relax a bit now re the movements smile

MRSVICTOR Sun 06-Sep-09 08:47:45

Glad all is well deemented. I'm not up on all this termonology can I ask what anterior placenta is? (just wondering if I have one now...)

memorylapse Sun 06-Sep-09 11:56:17

Just wanted to add that..with my dd2..I very rarely felt movement and drove myself mad going to the hospital to be checked out..turned out I had an anterior placenta too and the midwife said it makes the movements a lot more difficult to feel while the baby is still quite small

ClaireDB Sun 06-Sep-09 13:05:41

I didn't really feel anything I was sure was a baby movement until around 22 weeks. And I'm quite slim so I though that meant you felt it earlier!

Glad everything's fine.

Issy42 Sun 06-Sep-09 17:13:37

So pleased everything is well Deemented .

MrsV - an anterior placenta is at the front of the womb so baby kicks are cushioned, hence not feeling so much.

MRSVICTOR Sun 06-Sep-09 17:26:27

Thanks Issy I dont have a clue about anything 'baby'. Quickly runs upstairs to read notes to see if I have one smile

Issy42 Mon 07-Sep-09 00:02:26

Lol MrsV, when I first read your post I thought you were running upstairs to check if you have a baby shock then realised what you meant grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now