Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lost my appetite now im pregnant, anyone else?

(15 Posts)
ohnelly Fri 28-Aug-09 18:09:03

Hi im 9 weeks pregnant with DC2 and have completely lost my appetite. I didnt have this with first pregnancy, and normally love my food and usually am on a diet when not pregnant! I havent had any morning sickness or anything (didnt last time either) but just cant eat much at all. DS1 finishes his food before me and he is really slow! Im not really worried about it but just find it strange as DP keeps suggesting takeaways and meals out but im never hungry and dont fancy it. I was looking forwards to being able to eat what I like but now I dont want to! has anyone else had this or is it just me?

nikki1978 Fri 28-Aug-09 18:10:10

Oh I did completely as did several of my friends. Don't worry it will be back with avengance soon and your body will compensate to keep the baby well

nikki1978 Fri 28-Aug-09 18:11:13

will compensate in the meantime is what I meant to say if that didn't make sense

Tigresswoods Fri 28-Aug-09 18:14:29

Oh yes! I did for probably weeks 10-12ish. Am 13 + 3 now and feel like eating a full meal again but for a few weeks I couldn't be arsed to eat a thing. I made the mistake of telling people I didn't feel like eating and they said,

"Oh but you must, in your condition"

YOU THINK?!?! wink

MrsVik Fri 28-Aug-09 18:16:50

I was the same - now I'm 20 weeks and I've only just got my appetite back. I never had much morning sickness, so it wasn't due to nausea.

I put it down to having come off the Pill a couple of months before falling pregnant - I've read that the Pill can make your appetite much larger than normal.

NoGoodNicknamesLeft Fri 28-Aug-09 18:22:19

I'm so nauseous I don't want to eat (10+2) but eating makes the nausea go away. So I'm eating constantly... mostly bland cereals and bread and cheese. can't stand veg which is odd as two left feet cos with DD i'd eat whole punnets of raw mange tout or cherry toms in one go.

ThePhantomPlopper Fri 28-Aug-09 18:44:17

I've lost mine too, my midwife said it was actually a type of morning sickness.

I can eat OK at lunch time but not at breakfast and in the evening. I've just ordered a Chinese and will be cursing myself for wasting £13 in half an hours time. grin.

southernbelle77 Fri 28-Aug-09 18:50:49

Yes I have too. Did from the beginning and had to make myself eat bread and things to stop myself feeling sick because of it. Now I'm further along (30 weeks) I still don't have much of one, but been told by the midwife that I need to eat more as my body is now using it's fat supplies to supplement which isn't good in pregnancy apparently (even though I do have a fair amount of excess )

ohnelly Fri 28-Aug-09 18:55:38

oh hopefully some of my fat supplies will get used up too then! Lol
Im ok with breakfast(usually marmite on toast). Its usually more in the afternoon/evenings. Ive got apple crumble & Cadburys flake ice cream in the freezer, its been there for weeks untouched!

Bexybear Sat 29-Aug-09 18:39:37

Totally understand Nelly, I am 7 weeks with DC2 and have totally lost my appetite (didnt get it back till i was 28 weeks with DC1) Apart from fruit and cereal I cant face eating anything AT ALL and even struggle eating those. I also have intense nausea which only improves if i eat so not a good combination

Also sorry to divert the thread with yukky question but been getting diorhea (sp?) on and off for over a week. Dont remember this with the first one. Anyone else had it or is just that my diet consists entirely of bananas, oranges and branflakes?

ohnelly Sat 29-Aug-09 19:23:44

Hi Bexybear no havent had diarroea (something like that but I think there is a h in there somewhere!), but then im on iron tablets as im a vegetarian and they can make you constipated. Is prob what your eating tho I should think. Try Weetabix? (hmm)

ohnelly Sat 29-Aug-09 19:24:33

hmm

lizziemun Sat 29-Aug-09 19:40:53

yep, I lost mine with dd2. Only every eat because it was a mealtime rather then because i was hungry.

It didn't come back until i had dd2, who was 9lb 2oz's so she must have been fed from somewhere [grn].

echops Sun 30-Aug-09 12:20:54

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and have spent the last 6 weeks living off cheese sandwiches. The smell of cooking completely turns my stomach, as does anything vaguely tasty. The only things I fancy are cakes and yoghurts!

Antiquarian Mon 31-Aug-09 11:17:56

Hello. When I was pregnant with DD I entirely lost my appetite throughout the entire pregnancy, felt nauseous a lot but was never actually sick. I just didn't fancy eating anything at all. Everyone thought I was lucky as I hardly put on any weight, but I found having to force myself to eat for a whole 9 months really hard work. People also gave me a sort of guilt trip for not feeding myself up. I think they thought I was doing it on purpose so that I would stay slim which was very far from my mind! Hope you get your appetite back soon anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now