Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Kiddicare, Peterborough or PreciousLittleOne, Grantham. Anyone been to both, which is best?

(8 Posts)
Issy42 Fri 28-Aug-09 17:28:33

Going for a baby shopping trip in a couple of weeks. I'll be 22 weeks with my first and need everything, so going for a browse before buying on the internet nearer due date. Friend will be 38 weeks (eek!) with her third and getting any last minute things. Both Kiddicare in Peterborough and PreciousLittleOne in Grantham are similar distance to travel to. Has anyone been to both? If so, which would you recommend?

lydiathetattooedlady Fri 28-Aug-09 22:47:41

i've not been to both but have been to kiddicare and it was great. they had more offers in store than on internet, and more stock than they can advertise. we tried to go to preciouslittleone as its not far from us but couldn't find it!! definate thumbs up for kiddicare its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeeeee and on 3 levels! HTH

LifeOfKate Sat 29-Aug-09 09:06:09

We went to Kiddicare a few weeks ago, it is amazing :D
Think we spent a few hours there in the end. Haven't been to the other one though, so can't really comment on that, sorry.

Issy42 Sun 30-Aug-09 23:26:28

Thanks both. I'd noticed since OP that Kiddicare sells the Amby Nest and the Universal Co-Sleeper which I want to check out, whereas PLO doesn't. Google maps tells me to go to Peterborough through Grantham rather than through Melton Mowbury so not as close as I thought, but hopefully worth the trip and if time can do both .

lydiathetattooedlady Mon 31-Aug-09 08:34:19

where abouts are you? im from melton mowbray and we go through grantham or oakham to get there. oakham way is longer but prettier! it takes about 50 minutes from me so not to bad ajourney!

Issy42 Mon 31-Aug-09 13:45:34

I'm in Nottingham. The A606 looks like a more direct route on the map than A52/A1 but guess they're so much faster that makes it quicker. Resisted temptation to go today. Kiddicare have the pram I'm thinking of getting on sale in store this weekend and PLO has the cotbed I want on sale, but it's way too early to do more than window shop and I have January sales before due date (just). Besides PLO not open today.

Tara373 Mon 12-Oct-09 11:58:35

A little late I know, but there really is no comparison. The only thing I would rate PLO on is their prams, but K are better with this section too. I took DH to K and we were there 3 hours!

Issy42 Mon 12-Oct-09 14:20:18

Thanks Tara. Not too late - had to cancel the planned trip as I had a cold at the time so still have the shopping trip to do. The friend I was going with had her baby last night - 11lb 9oz natural delivery shock - so will be a while before we go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now