Talk

Advanced search

20wks and cannot sleep - arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(3 Posts)
MRSVICTOR Fri 28-Aug-09 17:10:08

Bump has grown recently (although as first baby its not the biggest bump but big for me) and although I fall asleep quite easily (because I'm so shattered) I start to wake up about 3am - then that's it. Cannot get comfy - tummy in the way and no way can i lie on my back anymore. Are any of those pillow things any good? I seen one in NCT mag for about 45 but that seems a bit steep shock - can anyone advise??

TOK Fri 28-Aug-09 19:31:10

Hi Mrsvictor, I know what you mean. I am a bit further on than you at 30wks but had same problem from early on. You do not need one of the special maternity pillows for this. I just use a normal pillow and either double it up between my knees or have it between my knees and under my bump (now that bump is a bit bigger). It does make sleep more comfortable. I also found that I was hotter than normal so sleeping with light/no pyjamas also helped aid an undisturbed night (well, apart from the statuatory trip to the toilet at 4am)! Hope this helps! xxx

MRSVICTOR Sat 29-Aug-09 09:12:03

Hi TOK. you might've saved me 45 quid, I'll try noral pillow between the knees and see if that does it. Well I was a 'hot' person before I became pregnant so now i'm close to boiling. Fingers crossed this works... x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now