Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dizziness in late pregnancy

(19 Posts)
LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 13:33:44

A few times in the last couple of days I've felt a bit dizzy and faint. Could it be an indicator of anything worrying? I'm 38 weeks.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 13:34:34

Have you had your BP and blood sugar checked?

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 13:37:29

could also indicate anaemia, this isn't good in pregnancy, you do need to pop to the GP and get it checked.

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 13:38:10

well last MW appointment was almost 2 weeks ago (next one on Tuesday) but yes, everything was fine.
Do you think I should try to see the nurse practitioner this afternoon as it's a BH weekend?
No abdominal pains, other than the odd Braxton Hicks!

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 13:39:01

hmm
last blood test was at 32 weeks - apparently the results were so good they decided they didn't need to repeat them at 36 weeks
What would the problem be if I was anaemic?

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 13:40:22

I'd get it checked, if it is anaemia then it could cause you problems if your baby decides to make it's entry before your iron levels are back to normal. Just phone the GP and tell them you are heavily pregnant and feeling unwell.

I hope you are OK.

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 13:40:42

Thanks

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 13:44:57

anaemia is lack of iron in the blood, the iron (IIRC) binds the oxygen in the blood cell so it can get to the organs, if the iron count is low then oxygen can not be transported properly, causing fatigue and dizzyness, you bleed during the delivery so would loose some of the oxygen in the blood, making you pass out.
I had low iron when I delivered ds, for some crazy reason it was never checked before I was induced, I had him, bleed a little, then they told me to have a shower, which I did and then passed out in the bathroom (I was by myself).

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 13:55:08

off to the PAU later this afternoon to get checked out, she didn't thinkit was anythign to worry about

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 13:57:58

smile

It's good to get it checked though. It could also be blood pressure but it does need checking incase it's an iron deficiency. I hope all is OK.

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 14:01:55

thanks, and thanks for your help

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 14:04:02

You're welcome. Let me know what they say. smile

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 17:22:08

hi, all fine thanks, blood tests to come back either tonight or tomorrow but everything else was OK
They said to drink more!!

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 19:21:38

smile That's good, this must mean you are a little dehydrated, your blood must have been thick.

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 19:25:48

don't think the blood tests were back - just that they'd ruled everything else out. Anyway, drinking like a fish has started

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 21:14:08

They can tell if you are dehydrated when they do the blood test (so I've been told), if it comes out thick then it means a patient is either a smoker or dehydrated.

dizzymare Fri 28-Aug-09 21:17:19

I keep thinking someone's calling for me every time I see the word Dizzyblush

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Fri 28-Aug-09 21:18:06

grin

LadyStealthPolarBear Sat 29-Aug-09 10:19:08

ah i see. Mine just came out red and runny, as usual

Hi dizzy!

Well no more dizziness or faint feelings so far - and if I do DH is here, and then I have a MW appt on Tuesday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now