Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

omg unbearable pain shooting through foot !

(6 Posts)
tink08 Fri 28-Aug-09 09:49:41

hi there , i've been up all night with pain shooting through the bottom of my heel up the back of my calf ! angry
I thought it was cramp at first but my muscles were relaxed hmm i tried everything , ice packs , hot water bottles , i even had a hot bath at 2.30am ! nothing worked.
I took 2 paracetomol at 3.15am and tried my hardest to sleep but only got 2 hours ish and woke up in agony again !
The pain has just about gone but i can still feel it and my heel is completly numb hmm
Any ideas anyone ?
I WAS going to go up to A&E at 6am if i did'nt get any rest because the pain was making me cry sad

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Fri 28-Aug-09 10:24:49

Hi tink. I had this a few weeks ago. I'm 29 weeks pg.

I was standing in the kitchen and suddenly my whole lower leg gave way with shooting pains from foot to knee, it passed after about 20 mins, but i didn't get any numbness, although I think that's common.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think its related to pressure on the sciatic nerve. But I don't know what/if anything can be done to avoid it.

Glad you are feeling better now, hopefully the numbness will pass soon.

tink08 Fri 28-Aug-09 12:49:35

Hi meemars , i've just had a nap due to lack of sleep last night wink and its come back again ! angry
This is really annoying and painful
Anyone else with any advice ??

Beanigan Fri 28-Aug-09 13:12:21

I was shocked when I read your post as I could have posted EXACTLY the same! Last night I too got a searing pain in my heel...kept me awake also but mine didn't disappear - I've been hobbling around all day.

My pain is concentrated mainly in the heel and inside of the foot so not sure if it's quite the same as yours..... I've assumed mine is from an old heel problem I had (20 years ago I might add!) where I suffered from plantar fasciitis due to running. I hear it can occur during pregnancy also. Get yours diagnosed and if this is what you have - there isn't too much you can do but wear good supporting trainers, rest the foot and use ice packs/heat packs, stretching exercises etc. It will go eventually but may take time.

I'm only 15 weeks pregnant so shocked I have this at an early stage but I'm going to see how bad it gets over the weekend & if still bad, book a Dr's appointment to get the diagnosis confirmed.

Let me know what your dr says...

IUsedToBePeachy Fri 28-Aug-09 13:18:20

look up plantar fasciitis (sp)

I had it a few months ago and ended up needing a walking stick for a few weeks; the treatment is anti inflammatories (but am BF so I dint have them) and a proper incsole (from Boots, blardy expensive- about £20 each). Physio can be offered but is unlikely to be

HTH

Beanigan Fri 28-Aug-09 13:48:16

Hi
Just to add - it may just be bruised heel (policeman's heel) and if so can clear up pretty quickly. You may need an ultrasound to diagnose (I think they can offer this instead of an x-ray) or maybe your GP can help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now