Talk

Advanced search

super paranoid post, its late, im emotional, please reassure me

(12 Posts)
iamamummy Thu 27-Aug-09 23:06:17

hi ladies

i am 36 weeks pg with ds2.

saw midwife this morning and i complained of having pains under bump which she said was ligament pain.

i also said i was getting short of breath just standing and felt very uncomfortable. she said it was baby pushing everything up.

so tonight i have been in pain with what i thought was heartburn bought on my cola, however i was catching up with the million baby programmes i watch and there was a lady on there with a blood clot in her lung.

i have just googled this and top signs are shortness of breath and chest pain.

i have just sat here crying now panicking.

i have never had heartburn before and only ever had indegestion once.....i know i am probably being silly and thinking irrationally from being sleep deprived and hormonal.

i think i may have to see my gp tomorrow...

iliketurquoise Thu 27-Aug-09 23:11:32

i had lots of heartburn at my pregnancies especially at the late stages like yours.
i was told the baby grows hair thats the reason of heartburn.
so dont worry.
enjoy your pregnancy.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 27-Aug-09 23:14:07

iliketurquiose - the hair thing is rubbish but quite funny grin

OP - stop panicking. Go find some mints and suck them, or just brush your teeth. See if it stops. If you are still really worried, call the midwife. But yes heartburn can really, really hurt.

Delete Google from your browser though for the next few weeks, otherwise you'll be bricking it almost continually.

seaside72 Thu 27-Aug-09 23:15:23

just saw your name pop up at the top just as I was shutting down my lap top and did not want you to go unanswered - oh honey try not to worry too much tonight and def go and see your GP for some reassurance tomorrow.

I was very short of breath for the whole last trimester - I found it hard to stand and talk/sing without feeling queasy and faint. I am sure it was cos Cassius was breech and had his head shoved up into my lungs!

I am sure someone will be along here with professional/ better advice - maybe try hunting down Lulumama?

Try and take some good, as deep as poss breaths, to relax your diaphragm. Have you got a birthing ball to sit on - I found slumping on sofa made me worse blush!

Hope you manage to get some sleep.
xxxx

iamamummy Thu 27-Aug-09 23:16:54

thanks ladies, il go and have a quick brush now!

i have been told to drink milk but that has done absolutely bugger all.

whomovedmychocolate - i am bricking it without googles help! oh the joys of knowing what lies ahead.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 27-Aug-09 23:17:24

Yes lie on your side. Will increase the lung capacity and let you breath a bit more easily, pillow between knees, support yourself with lots of pillows.

barbareebaa Thu 27-Aug-09 23:19:00

hello iamamummy smile
I'm sure i remember having something like this at the end of my pregnancy - it all got very uncomfortable, very sore under rib area and shortness of breath. i have had pleurisy (water on lung - not when preg tho') similar symptoms to clot (dr thought i had clot when i went to hosp) anyway, what am trying to say is am sure what you're describing is normal pregnancy squishing. I think if it was a clot you would be sure of it.
But obviously if you are really worried you must get checked out! you know your body best!!

iamamummy Thu 27-Aug-09 23:19:25

seaside - thankyou!! sitting up straight is definately easing it. i have a bottle of gaviscon too which is looking very appealing.

night night x

Rascal1979 Fri 28-Aug-09 00:03:50

Hi don't want to worry you any more than you are but 'heartburn' pain can sometimes be pre-eclampsia.

Do you have any other symptoms like dark urine, vomiting?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 28-Aug-09 09:10:08

rascal - dark urine and vomiting are very late signs of PET.

Pain under the ribs, combined with high blood pressure and swelling should always be investigated though. I'm sure her blood pressure will be elevated though if she's worrying this much!

OP, hope you are feeling better this morning?

iamamummy Fri 28-Aug-09 09:36:48

morning ladies!

ah feel so much better this morning, had a good nights sleep for a change too.

My blood pressure is fine, midwife took bloods yesterday to test for anaemia.

im going to take it easy today, thankyou for all the reassurance last night, i was just having a mini paranoid melt down i think.

xxx

whomovedmychocolate Fri 28-Aug-09 10:14:39

You are probably knackered chasing after your DS1!!! Do take it easy for the next couple of days and don't worry, paranoia is normal in late pregnancy.

Not long now and you'll have your second baby in your arms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now