Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

REALLY itchy stretchmarks..... anyone got any tips?!

(6 Posts)
shoesies Thu 27-Aug-09 21:35:55

I'm 28 weeks and skin is really stretching over the bump now sad but over the last couple of days my stretchmarks have been itching like crazy! It's driving me up the wall - has anyone else had this? What on earth did you do about it? Help!

Habbibu Thu 27-Aug-09 21:37:56

In my last pregnancy I had this - GP prescribed a huge bottle of a cream/gel called doublebase, which really helped. Keeping cool also helped.

NJD1 Fri 28-Aug-09 16:30:10

Any moisturiser is good - I had this with my 1st and a friend made some sachets of oats (!) tied up in muslin. I put them in the bath and squeezed water through them and rubbed them directly on my bump - seemed to work. Might be worth mentioning to your midwife as if the itching is not confined to the stretch marks it might be symptoms of problems with your liver enzymes (dont want to panic you!)

ohnelly Fri 28-Aug-09 17:26:02

There is an oil you can get especially for it, Palmers coco butter formula for dry itchy skin. Can get it in supermarkets and has a pic of pregnant woman on the front. Its really good! smells nice too

lisa85 Fri 28-Aug-09 19:50:56

try calamine lotion, it really works!

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Sat 29-Aug-09 10:17:26

I used aqueous cream in the shower, moisturised after the shower- coco butter, bio oil, bodyshop moisturisers, etc. Then I would get a towel or flannel and rub them when they itched so that I was scratching them as such. It helped, felt very nice. But, my skin eventually went numb on my bump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now