Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

do you think the midwife will give me a sweep tomorrow?

(6 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Thu 27-Aug-09 16:34:31

im due saturday with ds2 really want him out now!
im seeing the midwife in the morning do you think she will do a sweep?
plus iv got family up from eastbourne who are going home on monday and ill never hear the end of it if he dosnt come in the next couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!

breakingnews Thu 27-Aug-09 17:17:06

Hi AWTF....

I doubt you'll get a sweep until after you due date...but may not hurt to ask..... I'm due on Sunday so totally feel your pain and want mine out now too!

I'm getting a little tired of answering the numerous texts asking if I've had DC yet.

good luck..

AwayWithTheFaries Thu 27-Aug-09 17:24:19

thanks breaking im gonna ask
know the feeling about the texts too!!

loganberry12 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:51:49

Hi im due sat 29th too shes a big baby so really cant wait for her to be born. I know what you mean about people keep asking if the babys been born yet? every day for the last week iv had the phone non stop ringing its driving me mad, wish id told them she wasnt due til september! as for the sweep my midwife said they wont do one til im 7 days overdue even though shes a whopping 9 1/2 1b already and i have spd really bad, im also 43 years old and knackered so tired all the time and terrible back ache so im hoping she arrives real soon !!

magbags Thu 27-Aug-09 19:47:02

Feeling your pain. I'm 40+4 with second dc at the moment and going for a sweep tomorrow. Cannot believe I am going late again (11 days overdue the first time round).

Maybe policies differ by area but I was told that they would only sweep beyond my due date, she did say that gp might consider doing it sooner though.

AwayWithTheFaries Thu 27-Aug-09 20:29:47

dont say that mags! ds1 was a week late but he was back to back and i had 5 days of contractions while he turned!
im really hoping this one comes on time or now!
and iv got the added bonus of ds starting school on the 9th!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now