Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Varicose Veins are painful and itchy!

(4 Posts)
justwantedtoshare Thu 27-Aug-09 14:05:43

sad

This is really getting me down sad they are really bad and itchy, I can stand for barely 5 mins without needing to sit down. I am an active, slim, helathy person and this is really getting me down.

Does anyone have any remedies, helpful advice???

Thanks smile

justwantedtoshare Thu 27-Aug-09 17:31:19

bump smile

Milliemuffin Thu 27-Aug-09 22:05:14

No advice but my mum suffered really badly and had 3 veins removed after she had me, I have an elder sister. My legs were fine after DS who's 2 but my veins (in my legs) have started to feel raised and I'm 22wks pregnant so its something that plays on my mind a bit. They don't itch as yet but I think other than wearing support socks/tights and not standing for too long don't think there's much you can do... sad

justwantedtoshare Fri 28-Aug-09 07:12:51

Thankyou Millie. This is my 4th child grin
After the first and second the veins went down completely after pregnancy, I meant about a week after delivery and after the 3rd they stayed and are getting worse! I have rubbed excema cream in which helps and will have to get some support stockings!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now