Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help - slightly panicking over whether recent MC might affect current preg as am Rhesus Negative and was not given anti-D

(4 Posts)
helpet Wed 26-Aug-09 22:46:51

Hello - question is in the title really.

I MCd at 5+3 (prob. earlier) in July and am Rhesus Neg. The hosp didn't ask blood type when I was scanned then and to be honest I didn't even think it was relevant.

Had to have anti-D injections when preg with DC1. Am now preg again (5+5) and prob just finding anything and everything to panic me. Anyone know if this is potentially a problem for this tiny bean? Should I mention it to a doc? Won't have a booking in appt until after 12 week scan (touch wood) - London hospitals! Am a bit at sea - alone!

helpet Wed 26-Aug-09 22:51:10

OK - think I've just calmed myself down having found a similar thread - apparently you don't need anti-D with an MC before 12 weeks. THANK GOD for MN. I'm going to bed!

luckylam81 Thu 27-Aug-09 10:21:02

hi helpet i'm also rhesus neg (had anti d jags with dc1) and had early mc in december,was told i didnt need anti d because mc was before 12 weeks too,i'm now 26 weeks and everything is going really well,but i know how you feel espcially in the very early stages its very scary after having a previous mc,but the odds r in you favour to have a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby as an end result,

be positive (easier said than done,i know!)

oh and congratulations! grin

echops Sun 30-Aug-09 12:25:15

Hello. I had miscarriage at 6 weeks and wasn't given Anti-D. Am now 14 weeks pregnancy and was given Anti-D following a CVS test. I mentioned my concerns about not receiving it after my miscarriage but the Doctor wasn't concerned. Said at 6 weeks you wouldn't have created any fetal blood so there would be no need. Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now