Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

iv just bought a gym ball but i think its too small!!!

(14 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Wed 26-Aug-09 15:01:06

its 65cm but i dont think its big enough its not very comfy to bounce on my knees are too high!!!
but ds is having fun with it!

alana39 Wed 26-Aug-09 15:24:57

How tall are you? I bought one (hasn't arrived yet) from a physio website that I found with a google search, and they recommended different sizes for different heights.

I'm 5'10" and it recommended 70cm. Also they had lots of different sizes, whereas standard retail sizes for birthing and exercise balls seem to be just 65cm and 75cm.

If you were planning to send it back let me know and I'll get the name of the website when I get home. It was about £14 incl p&p so more or less the same price as retailers like Argos etc.

StayFrostysSister Wed 26-Aug-09 15:29:22

If you're using a ball in pg to open your pelvis up and position the baby optimally, when you sit on it, your feet should be flat on the floor and your knees should be lower than your hips.

AwayWithTheFaries Wed 26-Aug-09 15:29:33

im about 5'6" it was only £6 so im no too worried im due sat so the plan was to bounce and try to get him out!!!

alana39 Wed 26-Aug-09 16:48:45

I would have thought that's about the right size then anyway.

Sparklytwinkletoes Wed 26-Aug-09 17:57:42

I know this sounds stupid, but can you try pumping it up a bit more? I thought my 65cm was too small at 5'4" but when I mentioned it to DH he just whipped up the pump and blew it up more! Its perfect now and more comfortable!

Good luck!

AwayWithTheFaries Wed 26-Aug-09 21:44:41

ill try pumping it up more then!!!

raggie Thu 27-Aug-09 19:50:56

alana do you think you could post the website you got your ball from? I seem to be right in the middle/borderline with the birthing ball heights recommended so a broader selection would be great.

Thanks in advance!

AwayWithTheFaries Sat 29-Aug-09 16:06:44

iv bought one of these today!www.uniquegifts.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/space-hoppers.jpg
its the right size and was less than £20!!!!!!

alana39 Sat 29-Aug-09 20:22:27

raggie hope this link works I'm a bit useless
this page

alana39 Sat 29-Aug-09 20:23:06

sorry that's not the actual page but it is the website so should be easy enough to find once you're there!

sunnybump Sun 30-Aug-09 11:17:17

I got mine at Asda for a fiver and it came with a pump that worked! It's a 65cm exercise ball but does the job for a comfy seat and I'm 5ft5. My knees seem to be in the right place too, especially when I added more air. I'm only 15/16 weeks at the moment but my backs been niggling me and it's definitely helped

ceebie Sun 30-Aug-09 21:00:02

Have you checked that the ball is definitely inflated to 65cms diameter? Get two chairs and a measuring tape, and place the chairs exactly 65cm apart. Check that the ball just fits snugly in between.

raggie Mon 31-Aug-09 11:02:04

That linked worked alana so off to investigate. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now