Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hip pain and support shoes..?

(11 Posts)
ErikaMaye Wed 26-Aug-09 00:29:29

Not entirely sure what the pain is - seeing MW on Friday - but I really am in a lot of pain. My shoes are mainly flat dolly shoes and Converse, neither of which offer much support. Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what shoes I could buy to make walking a bit more bareable? Thanks. x

PS - am 28+2 with my first.

beautifulgirls Wed 26-Aug-09 09:28:10

No advice re shoes sorry, but try putting a duvet or other soft padding underneath you when you sleep as has really helped me re hip pain.

ErikaMaye Wed 26-Aug-09 13:37:29

Thanks, am already doing that - helps a little, but not much. Glad you've found its helped you, though

Chuggiesmum Wed 26-Aug-09 13:58:28

Clarks Flexlight shoes work for me.

tostaky Wed 26-Aug-09 17:39:04

fitflops for me (as well as losing a bit of weight, but obviously not whilst pg)

http://www.fitflop.com/

stubbyfingers Wed 26-Aug-09 17:46:09

Clarks have some with foot shaped insoles.

For example, these and these

Also birkenstocks have the raised footbeds (though the weather is just about to be too cold for them). My mum was having knee trouble which was greatly eased by buying some comfy Clarks in the sale.

southernbelle77 Wed 26-Aug-09 19:54:54

Earth shoes! They are the most comfortable shoes I have got and although they don't actually help the pain, they don't make it worse which all my other shoes do!
They are quite expensive, but I got mine in the sale and they were half price

www.lovethoseshoes.com/earth/

heylottie Wed 26-Aug-09 19:58:36

Another vote for fitflops - although I have sciatica so not the same thing but they have made a difference - and every little counts!

amarantha Wed 26-Aug-09 22:56:27

If you go to an outdoor walking type shop you should be able to get some superfeet there are various types and the staff should be able to advise you plus you can move them between shoes. Also mention it to your mw she might be able to refer you for physio who could in turn refer you to get some properly fitted orthotics. Hope this helps Ama x

ErikaMaye Wed 26-Aug-09 23:11:14

Thanks everyone for getting back to me, really appriciate it

hobnob57 Fri 28-Aug-09 20:57:25

So glad you're loving the Earths SB grin

Fitflops seem to set off my SPD, but I'm wondering if it's just such a change in muscle use from wearing Earths that does it. I loved them when not pg.

Erika definitely any shoes which support your arches are good news because as you get bigger the arches flatten and put strain on knees and hips. A decent shoe shop should be able to advise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now