Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

getting jealous of dd and dh

(4 Posts)
giggly Tue 25-Aug-09 22:47:02

I am 36 weeks with no 2 and getting ridiculously jealous of the time dd is spending with my dh. I know it sounds awful, but as I am so knackered and still being sick every day my energy levels are so low.

DD would always come to me first for everything but I guess she now realises that dad can do it faster, is more fun and more mobile. I am besides myself with misery and feeling sorry for myself.

At times I am almost begging for some affection from her. I put it down to pregnancy hormones of course, but needed to get it out.They have always had a great relationship so I am surprised that I have taken this move so badly.

Please tell me I'm not nuts

mum27 Wed 26-Aug-09 07:35:20

Oh you're not alone, my 2 youngest dds are the same, ones always been a daddy's girl so I don't resent that but my youngest has always been my girl and it hurts to see her desert me when dad walks in the door. However I do enjoy the days when it has to be me and she's still affectionate, even to the point of sitting on my head, which shes doing now smile. I know it will pass, at leaszt i hope so, when I'm more mobile and patient {grin]

dal21 Wed 26-Aug-09 07:53:43

Giggly - you are not nuts, but try and focus on the positives. It is fantastic that your DH is spending so much time with your DD and giving you much needed rest at this tine by the sounds of things.

No one will ever replace mummy - not even daddy. Just take the time to rest and relax.

mogend77 Wed 26-Aug-09 11:42:47

I am a bit like this atm. I feel terrible about what a boring mummy I am at the mo. DD comes to me for cuddles/comfort etc. but if it's fun she's after she goes elsewhere - it makes me feel terrible.

Hope it helps to know you're not alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now