Talk

Advanced search

strange feeling at nearly 22 weeks

(7 Posts)
nervousmum2be Mon 30-May-05 12:08:07

Does anyone else get this?

I'm nearly 22 weeks pg, and occasionally get a 'feeling', usually when i first get out of bed or if i've been sat with my feet up for a while, that everythings going to just 'fall out' when i stand up! It always settles of its own accord, and obviously nothing has fallen out (yet...!!!), just wondered if anyone else has had it, and whether i should be concerned. Thanks x

Kiwifruit Tue 31-May-05 11:55:12

Hi

I'm 23 weeks, and I get this too. All feels a bit 'heavy' at the bottom of my stomach/on my cervix, IYKWIM. Had my 20 week scan, and they noted that my placenta was low, so am wondering if that's got anything to do with it. Am going back for another scan tomorrow, as the wriggler wouldn't stay still long enough for them to do all the measurements, so will ask them and report back...

nervousmum2be Tue 31-May-05 12:43:55

Thanks Kiwifruit, much appreciated. I'm due a scan on Friday, so will hopefully know a bit more then.

Kiwifruit Wed 01-Jun-05 14:04:22

Hi Nervousmum2be - had my scan this morning, and the placenta has moved up, but scanning midwife said that the 'heavy' feeling will just be the weight of the baby, the uterus and the placenta - baby is growing rapidly at the moment, so she said you would be feeling a difference. She assured me that it wasn't going to drop out - in fact she said 'if only it were that easy!'
HTH - good luck with your scan on friday!

charleepeters Wed 01-Jun-05 14:27:38

i had this when i was pg and to put it bluntly it felt like there was a bowling ball betwwn my legs! my midwife said its just the wieght of the baby as its getting bigger and your wombs stretching.

VirtualFairy Thu 02-Jun-05 02:19:35

go for a test for infection anyway, feeling any type of pressure could or couldnt be a sign of infection, and it can cause preterm labour, quick visit to docs should put ya mind at rest. don't wait for scan or antnalal clinic, they cannot always tell if prob.
after all if all cool you will think nothing of it, but if all not cool you will forever grateful any probs treated early.

im sure everything is normal just wanted ya to be double checked just in case.
xxxxx

nervousmum2be Sat 04-Jun-05 08:14:14

Thanks for the response Everyone. I had my 22 week scan yesterday - everything's fine Definitely a boy!

VirtualFairy - i took your advice too. My GP assured me the feelings were just a normal part of a growing pg, but she did have a good poke around my tummy and take a urine specimen and a vaginal swab "just to be on the safe side".

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now