Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Transverse huge baby at 37 weeks

(6 Posts)
Snowfalls108 Tue 25-Aug-09 17:24:59

Hi there.

So I'm currently 37 + 2 weeks. I had a scan 8 days ago (at 36+1) and the baby was already over 8lbs (as predicted by previous scans - baby has been consistantly large throughout pregnancy) but was nicely head down, and lying to the left. On Friday, so 36 + 5, the baby appeared to move itself into a transverse position - lying across my body. Not only is this incredilby uncomfortable but I'm also worried that it will mean I'll have to have CS.
My next midwife appointment isn't until next Tuesday when I'll be 38 + 2.
I've been looking at the baby spinning site, and I'm doing all of those, I've also got myself a ball, and am sitting on that. I guess my actual question is should I contact my midwife and ask to move my appointment forward - will she be able to do anything? Can people give me encouraging stories about large babies who've turned late on?

Thanks

Snowfalls108 Tue 25-Aug-09 19:15:16

anyone?

HaggisNeepsnTatties Tue 25-Aug-09 19:17:46

DD1 and DD2 were both transverse. DD1 was still transverse 2 days before I had her. I went into labour and she was in the correct position but was too big (I am fairl small) so ended up with C section. They can turn at the very last minute....smile

chocolaterabbit Tue 25-Aug-09 19:31:40

Mine is also transverse but only 34 weeks so hoping it will sort itself out. I'm doing acupuncture anyway so thought I would mention it to the acupuncturist at my next appointment to see if there is any encouragement she can give to getting the baby head down and not back to back! IIRC, acupuncture has a very good record for turning breaches although a lot will probably turn anyway so thought it was worth a shot.

cece Tue 25-Aug-09 19:37:51

DS2 was transverse at my 40 wk check up. He had been in optimum position for weeks, so it was a bit fo a shock. Anyhow it was confirmed by scan at 40 plus 3 days. They offered me an ECV at 40 plus 4 days, with a c section booked immediately if it didn't work. Went for scan pre ECV and he had turned head down again hmm I hadn't felt a thing! I was induced that day and he was born weighing 9lbs and 15oz.

Good luck.

Snowfalls108 Tue 25-Aug-09 19:48:26

Thank you everyone.
Will have a look at acupunture and keep trying with the other techniques.
Do you think it's worth me calling the midwife?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now