Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

possible spd....

(2 Posts)
franfoxy2003 Tue 25-Aug-09 15:57:54

ok so im 37+5 and went to docs today about possible spd (have been in pain for weeks but put it off) hips and pelvis are agony today (worst they have been) hurts to walk, to stand up and roll over in bed..doc said 'codiene' then said it can cause baby repiratory problems and possible labuor problems so i turned it down (due to 2 past m/cs)...paracetamol doesnt seem to work!!!

any suggestions on what i can do except sit in the bath 24/7 or lie down 24/7???

KatyS36 Tue 25-Aug-09 16:26:44

Yes, go and see a good physio asap. Depending on your area you might be able to self refer, or you might need a referal. If you can't get a quick NHS referral and can afford it go privately (I pay £45 an hour and have only needed two appointments).

They will be able to give you lots of advice re movement and lifestyle.

I've got pretty bad SPD and am on crutches, but being on crutches has made a massive improvement. It is also frequently recommended to sleep on top of a douvet for extra padding at night. I'm sleeping on a douvet on an airbad and again this has made a huge difference.

Good luck and remember it should go away shortly after having the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now