Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Apart from going private, how else can you get an early scan?

(9 Posts)
tostaky Tue 25-Aug-09 11:22:21

because suddenly all my symptoms have disappeared... i was sick as a dog yesterday and the last few weeks and today im fine. Im 8+5 only. im really worried im having a missed miscariage
if i go to gp, will he send me for a scan before my 12 wks scan?

Heathcliffscathy Tue 25-Aug-09 11:24:08

go to a walk in early pregnancy unit at your hospital. in london st george's have one.

EldonAve Tue 25-Aug-09 11:25:10

www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/FindUs1.asp lists the EPUs

tinierclanger Tue 25-Aug-09 11:26:02

Depends where you live. In some areas you can self-refer to the EPU. But in others (like mine) you can only get a referral if you've had bleeding.

Congratulations BTW! It is most likely everything is ok, really. Have you seen a MW yet? Can you call them for a chat.

tostaky Tue 25-Aug-09 11:29:20

do you know if i will have to wait for long there? I have a 9 months old to entertain...

mosschops30 Tue 25-Aug-09 11:30:31

Could you lie??? hmm I know its not ethical or right, but if youre that desparate to get to the EPU, it might be your only option

Bettymum Tue 25-Aug-09 11:50:24

In our area we have to be referred by the GP, I would call your GP/midwife first and see what they say. Our local EPU doesn't take walk-ins.
Hope you are OK tostaky x

EldonAve Tue 25-Aug-09 11:52:16

depends on where you go and the day
I'd expect to wait at least an hour possibly up to 3 in London

Contact your local hospital and ask about a drop in epu clinic, our runs mon-friday and its on a first come first serve basis. Best days to go would be tue-thurs.
Good luck. as for lying i would second that tell them you had a slight bit of spotting.

Hope all goes ok!

By the way tots your symtpoms will come and go and its likely within a few days you'll be feeling sick as a dog again i say enjoy it if you can once you've had the reassurance scan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now