Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone know how to get on the free antenatal classes around Brighton?

(7 Posts)
brightonbleach Tue 25-Aug-09 10:40:36

hi y'all again, just wondering....do I need to call my GP and get the runaround or is there a direct place I can call to get on the apparently free NHS antenatal classes around Brighton? anyone know more? I know theres NCT classes but we can't afford them; I'm having a hospital-led pregnancy due to diabetes so not in touch with a community midwife, due end Oct... me and DH were just wondering if we will get left out of the loops of classes, no-one at my hospital appointment mentioned any... thanks in advance if anyone has any info

antenatal Tue 25-Aug-09 11:06:21

Hi - have you looked into the reduced fee options for NCT classes?

http://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/course-finder/course-prices/discount

xx

brightonbleach Tue 25-Aug-09 11:30:53

ooo cheers, have just emailed them to see if we qualify for the concessionary rates - thanks!

brightonbleach Tue 25-Aug-09 11:54:42

wow, thanks again for that -we are now booked onto a local NCT course for 1st time parents that sounds wonderful at the 90% reduced rate. I'm so pleased!

ErikaMaye Tue 25-Aug-09 13:00:38

Where abouts are you? I'm just outside of Peacehaven, and although I'm under the teen midwife (am 18), am going to the one-off labour / feeding class run at Peacehaven Childrens Center. Its the last Friday of the month, I'm going to the September one. If you want more info, and are in this kinda area, I can get it for you

Also... How do you qualify for the reduced rate? I go to teen classes once a week, but the last few weeks I've been the only person there and really want to meet some other mums-to-be.

brightonbleach Tue 25-Aug-09 21:17:47

hiya Erika the NCT classes are expensive-ish but they offer a 90% reduced rate if you on several kind of benefits or low income I think(give them a ring to find out, link http://www.nct.org.uk/in-your-area/course-finder/course-prices/discount), -I'm on a sickness benefit as have been signed off working {been diagnosed with severe diabetes in this pregnancy, considered dangerous for me to work whilst preggers!).

Thanks, but we will be going to the hanover or kemptown NCT classes now, all booked in, should be all we need... I think! I'm considerably out of the age range for teen classes as well grin but thanks lots for the offer.

best wishes

ErikaMaye Tue 25-Aug-09 23:30:53

Okay thanks, maybe I'll give them a call. My only income is my DLA so maybe that means I'm eligable..? Hope they go well for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now