Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could anyone please re-assure me..im driving myself mad!!

(7 Posts)
fifisboys Tue 25-Aug-09 09:30:16

Im 8 weeks pg and have been fine, until yesterday.
I went to the loo and there was a tiny bit of blood when i wiped, it wasnt bright red or anything and i have had no cramps, pains etc..
Then last night after i'd been shopping there was a bit brown blood on my knickers, again a tiny amount. i rang and spoke to midwife and she said its normally only serious if the blood is red and comes with cramps/pain etc but im worried sick..i had bleeding with ds1 but that was towards the end of my pregnancy and im sure i didnt have anything early on.

I think its too late for implantation now and just wondered if i should be concerned or am i worrying for nothing. smile

alana39 Tue 25-Aug-09 09:39:38

I had this from 12 weeks (started day after scan!) to 15 weeks, on and off. Had the same advice from my midwife, and there was never any pain or increase in bleeding. However I didn't stop worrying about it. The problem is really that you can't do anything about it - but I would see if you have an early preg unit that might be able to scan you sooner than whenever your first one is (or if not, could you afford to consider going for a private scan) to check what's happening. It is really very common and I'm sure you'll get loads of replies to that effect, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Fingers crossed for you.

fortyplus Tue 25-Aug-09 09:41:48

Well obviously it's possible it could be the beginnings of mc - but do try not to worry as it's incredibly common to have minor crampy pains and a little blood around the time that your period would have been due.

I had really strong period-type pains at 4 and 8 weeks with both mine.

pasturesnew Tue 25-Aug-09 09:41:58

I would still go to early pregnancy unit, don't want to scare you but you will want ectopic pregnancy ruled out, one of the signs of this is watery, "prune juice" bleeding. Sorry sorry sorry really don't want to stress you out at this time but Tuesday morning is usually a little bit quieter in the hospital than first thing Monday etc. so I would go in.

fifisboys Tue 25-Aug-09 14:39:14

Thanks for the replies...i contacted mw who has referred me to epac tomorrow for a early scan so im keeping everything crossed!!
Ive had no more spotting today so thats a good sign i think

Tigresswoods Tue 25-Aug-09 14:48:12

Hi fifisboys best to get this checked out obviously and great that you have the early scan booked. I had about 4 days at 10 weeks of similar sounding blood to you. Not a huge amount but enough to put a light pad in and worry like hell.

I had no pain and it was brown blood and mucussy stuff when I wiped with streaks. I am 13 weeks now and have not had since and 12 week scan was fine.

You will worry whatever anyone says but I think it is more common than people say.

Good luck at the scan

x

pasturesnew Tue 25-Aug-09 15:03:14

v glad you have scan booked, hope all is well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now