Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Frimley Park- do they tell you or not, please clear this up for me?!?!?!

(6 Posts)
Tigresswoods Tue 25-Aug-09 08:03:42

I'm having #1 and have been led to believe anecdotally that Frimley Park (Surrey) do not disclose the gender of the baby at the 20 week scan.

I had just accepted this and whenever anyone asks if we know (we are only 13 weeks!) we can just say the hospital doesn't tell you. Anyway, last night I met someone who swears that they DID tell her SIL for #3.

So now I don't know and there must be someone on MN who will have been to Frimley Park recently and will know the answer.

Anyone?

Just to clarify- not really worried either way but would like to prepare myself for what might happen at the next scan. grin

If you ask then they will tell you (if they can tell themselves, it's not always clear). Had baby No 1 there July 2008.

Tigresswoods Tue 25-Aug-09 08:09:34

Thankyou LBOF- might be fun to know wink

eleanorsmum Tue 25-Aug-09 08:39:10

they def etll you if you ask, my best friend is haveing a girl found out at 20 weeks scan. ask if you want to or tell them you don't wnat to know!

Smosma Tue 25-Aug-09 16:54:03

I had a 20 week scan at Frimley Park just 5 weeks ago...and yes, they told us the gender but only when we asked. They make it pretty clear that it's not 100% reliable, but if you ask and they have an idea they'll tell you.

Of course, whether you want everyone else to know is a whole different question! It might be a lot easier to stick with the line that the hospital won't tell you or that they couldn't tell on the day...

Tigresswoods Tue 25-Aug-09 17:27:14

Thanks girls, I will consider this point cleared up and begin counting down to the 20 week scan where I will ask the gender and see if they have a good view...

You are right though, smosma I might just stick with my story and have a little secret between me and DH wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now