Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HB levels

(12 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Aug-09 22:23:11

11.6 - normal or low?

LightningBolt Mon 24-Aug-09 22:24:30

Just slightly below normal,iirc 12-16 normal in females.

Definitely nothing to be comncerned by if you are pg

PacificDogwood Mon 24-Aug-09 22:26:28

"Normal" depends on the individual lab's ranges. In our neck of the woods normal range is from 11.5 for woman.
In pregnancy 11.6 is ok. If in doubt or you are not feeling right, get ferritin (iron stores) level checked.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Aug-09 22:26:42

I didn't think it was. I recall 9 being a figure that concerns them for some reason. But thought it worth checking

(sort of wanted to be too low, in that it would give me something to fix, whereas now its just the bloody pg! grin)

Thanks for answering!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Aug-09 22:28:36

pacificdogwood - I have not felt right all pg sad. But nothing wrong, just a bad pg I guess. Not bad, just tiring, uncomfortable, feel off colour the whole time. But I should stop moaning as I am no longer chucking up! Think I just like wingeing!

PleaseMrsButler Mon 24-Aug-09 22:34:18

I was 11 something....and had to listen (at great pains) about the fact that my Hb was better than the MWs despite the fact she was not on iron and not pg blah blah blah.

11.6 for a pg woman is quite good (and according to my MW not particularly common).

PleaseMrsButler Mon 24-Aug-09 22:34:51

<sorry...just realised that that wasn't what you wanted to hear>

LightningBolt Mon 24-Aug-09 22:35:23

think post came across a s a bit dimissive,didn't mean it to sorry.What I mean is that often if pg Hb levels are lower (Think mine were around 10).They do not often treat until Hb below 8-9 here.

Is it your first?

Ifelt MUCH worse with no 2 and blamed it on rushing round after no 1.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Aug-09 22:36:09

oh thats reassuring! My Hb was good prior to pg/at 10 wks - 13.8, and was this at beginning of last pg too, and held me all the way through last pg. But this time I have been chucking up and was expecting it to drop which it has, but pleased to hear its a good number still grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Aug-09 22:38:26

lightning no.2, I feel so so so much worse this time. DD is 3. A lovely wonderful very lively 3 year old! I think I slept most of my last pg when not working!

PacificDogwood Mon 24-Aug-09 22:40:08

Oh the joys of early pregnancy - you have my full sympathy!
My Hb dropped to 8.2 after emCS for DS2's delivery a few years ago and felt surprisingly good inspite of it.
Get so called "haematinics" checked: ferritin, folate (should be skyhigh if you are still taking folic acid) and Vit B12.
Hope you feel better soon smile.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 24-Aug-09 22:43:34

I will ask them tomorrow, have consultant appt and 28 weeks scan PM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now