Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

has anyone had a negative result from a pregnancy test and then found out they were pregnant.

(18 Posts)
missdashwood Mon 24-Aug-09 20:04:41

I did a test over the weekend thinking that I was 3 days late. It came back negative but I still havent started. I was sure I had some early pregnancy symptoms ie some cramping, some spotting, few waves of nausea. I felt sure I was pregnant and was actually quite shocked when it was negative! Any similar experience or am I just going mad?!

starkadder Mon 24-Aug-09 21:08:54

Yes - you can get a negative if it's too soon. I think this happened to me last time actually. Test again in a few days Try and wait till the weekend again if you can!! (or spend fifty quid on billions of tests like I would)

Amapoleon Mon 24-Aug-09 21:10:11

Yes ,I did when I tested too early.

thisisyesterday Mon 24-Aug-09 21:11:31

yes, i did. but they were cheapy ebay tests.

pasturesnew Mon 24-Aug-09 21:12:00

yes, I did twice although I knew I was testing early but could not help myself! Mind you 3rd test was positive before period due so depends on how regular your cycle is what your chances are. Good luck!

LadyStealthPolarBear Mon 24-Aug-09 21:14:56

me, too early, on a first response I think then a load of +ves from cheap ebay tests a few days later

misshoohaa Mon 24-Aug-09 21:25:47

missdashwood I am on exactly the same thinking as you.....
was due on Thursday, could not help myself and did test on Saturday, negative. and still no AF. And no signs of the old girl either....

Had a few symptoms but thinking that I am just imagining them TBH.

I would love an explanation to my tummy though! Put on a skirt this morning and actually convinced myself I was up the duff, by the bulge. Disgusting. If no BFP soon, then I need to do some extreme exercise to shift this bump!!!
Good luck. xxx

missdashwood Mon 24-Aug-09 22:16:30

will keep you posted misshoohaa! Good luck 2

crankytwanky Mon 24-Aug-09 22:46:58

I've had false negatives twice; the first was an ectopic pregnancy, and I had -ve tests for about a month. The second time I think I just tested too early.
I just knew though on both occasions.

Hope you getthe result you're after! smile

mum27 Tue 25-Aug-09 02:06:06

Yep have had tons of them with my last 3 pregnancies. Some of them were, I think from using cheapy tests, others were definitely from testing too early, by the time I got to the scan they told me to come back because I must have only been about 4 weeks, so God knows how early I was when I tested. The waiting to test again is soooo hard so I'm with starkadder and spend a fortune on millions of tests grin

pinkypanther Tue 25-Aug-09 07:53:51

Yes - tested on a Friday morning as was going on a hen weekend...BFN. Spent all weekend drinking cocktails but felt a bit strange so tested again on the Sunday afternoon - positive.

Have also had many, many instances of being convinced I was PG when I was not - AF can play tricks sometimes! Hope you get the news you're hoping for.

PS I'm glad there are others on here addicted to the tests - DH thinks I am mad!

mumbot Tue 25-Aug-09 08:44:55

This happened to me, negative test, then 2 weeks later BFP grin

beanieb Tue 25-Aug-09 08:47:29

yes I did. Though not a long gap. Usual have a 25 day cycle but tested on day 28 and got a negative. Didn't get the positive until day 30.

Jackstini Tue 25-Aug-09 08:47:50

Yes, I was over a week late when eventually got BFP, had 2 negatives before then - will keep checking this thread then!

shelleylou Tue 25-Aug-09 09:53:40

I had a negagative on a cheapy test. I must have been about 7 weeks pg at that time. Got a positive at 13 weeks.

weaselbudge Tue 25-Aug-09 13:43:10

i had negative result with clear blue digital when one day late (so i wasn't testing too early) - then as I wasn't convinced I went out and bought first response - BFP the next day

missdashwood Wed 26-Aug-09 17:09:25

Thanks for responses everyone. A week late now, so may do another test over the weekend. Will keep you posted.

Beanigan Wed 26-Aug-09 18:22:59

Hi
I got false negatives with both my pregnancies quite a few days past the period due date. Even when the hospital did a pregnancy test when I was a week late it came back negative!

I had to wait until I was 2 weeks late with my current preganancy and splashed out on a digital tester as all the cheapie one's didn't seem to show anything...

Like you I was sure I was, the impatience killed me! good luck and let us know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now