Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Big decrease in feotal movement - should I be worried

(6 Posts)
fatandiknowit Mon 24-Aug-09 14:17:05

Hi

Im 27+6 and over the last two days have noticed that my previously VERY active and quite "pokey" baby has become much less active.

Movements are only occasionally felt and they seem much more gentle - more "stokey" than "pokey" .

I've only felt 2 periods of movement since 6pm yesterday - should I be worried.

Any advice?

Thanks

nellie12 Mon 24-Aug-09 14:21:48

I'm not a mw but I think from last pregnancy that it should be 10-12 movements over 12hours.

I think if you are concerned that you should ring your maternity ward and speak to them. No-one on mn is going to be able to reassure you. hope all is well.

mrsboogie Mon 24-Aug-09 14:22:23

You should definitely ring your midwife or ante natal unit. I had a lot of problems with feotal movemnt in my last pg and they were at pains to tell me it should always be checked out and not to worry about being a nuisance. They say you should feel 10 movements a day HOWEVER it is a change in movements that needs to be checked out rather than the number of movements. Ring them up and ask to go in for a trace.

Baby could be resting but it needs checking.

mumsiebumsie Mon 24-Aug-09 15:14:38

Of course you should check if worried but I'm 26+4 and was in the same position as you about a week ago. Very active baby turned into a baby who did a few half hearted movements for about 5 days or so.

After stressing I took myself to the hospital to be monitored. There was nothing wrong - infact as I was in the waiting area baby decided to give me some far stronger kicks than I'd felt for days.

Basically I think this 10 - 12 movements a day is a bit misleading - often if the baby changes position it is actually moving but we just can't feel it as clearly. Also maybe baby is just resting - they are little people after all not robots.

But all that being said - please don't sit at home and worry, take yourself off to the foetal assessent unit and get checked out. HTH

StripeySuit Mon 24-Aug-09 15:41:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lucky1979 Mon 24-Aug-09 16:46:35

Definitely get yourself checked, but is it possible the baby has wriggled round in to a different position so is kicking a different bit of you which doesn't feel as strong?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: