Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sick 1 hour after taking folic acid

(9 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Mon 24-Aug-09 12:06:07

I'm tempted to take another, but I just wondered if anyone knew if better to take again or to leave?

lilysam Mon 24-Aug-09 12:07:29

No harm taking it again. I have to take 5mg which is way higher than the shop bought stuff so it won't do you any harm.

I also take my vitamins before going to bed, then them don;t make me feel so queasy

sheeplikessleep Mon 24-Aug-09 12:09:33

Thanks for posting - I will take it again, I wasn't sure if too much was a problem. Thanks.

I tried taking vits before bed, but I kept forgetting blush.

I'm tempted to try folic acid only, to see if the multi-vits part of tablet are making my ms worse.

lilysam Mon 24-Aug-09 12:18:45

Worth a try - i know lots of people who say the vits make them feel worse.

i put mine next to my toothbrush to help me remember before crashing out in my pg induced state of exhaustion!

Ciara11 Mon 24-Aug-09 12:51:16

Also try taking them on a full stomach ie after your main meal, cause mine used to make me feel sick, until i was advised this by someone on here and it worked, now i have no problem taken them.

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Mon 24-Aug-09 12:59:28

Which multi vits are you taking? I used the sanatogen ones and they made me feel like crap, constantly feeling sick, swapped to pregnacare and I'm OK now.

TakeLovingChances Mon 24-Aug-09 21:58:18

Hi, I was talking to my midwife about that. She said the body will pee out any extra vitamins it doesn't need.

So yeah, I'd take another one, it'll do no harm.

T

be mindfull that synthetic vits can cause sickness. Look out for a non synthetic version of folic acid - this happens to cats, so may happen to humans too????

sheeplikessleep Tue 25-Aug-09 08:19:08

thanks so much for posting - apologies haven't checked in a while! i'm back on just the folic acid tablets - i'm going to try this for a couple of days and see if i feel any better. if not, i'll look into the non-synthetic ones, thank you.
i did take folic acid last pregnancy and didn't feel half as bad as this one, but then every pregnancy is different i guess.
i've been taken the tesco multi-vits and folic acid combined. trouble is the thought of veg is horrible - i forced down some brocolli last night with my meal and do try to eat different veg at different meals, but i've really gone off it. all food tastes rank at the moment.

thanks for posting. at nearly 11 weeks, i'm also keeping my fingers crossed i haven't got long left of the constant nausea <fingers crossed>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now