Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When can I start taking Raspberry Leaf?

(6 Posts)
Kyte Sun 23-Aug-09 20:04:23

I've forgotten when it's ok to start taking raspberry leaf. Doe anyone know?

mrswee Sun 23-Aug-09 20:40:08

There's lot of conflicting advise on this. I bought mine from the herbalist, they said one cup a day from 28 weeks, but lots of packets you buy and advise on the net says from 34 weeks.

I did start mine at 28 weeks, one cup a day until 33 weeks then two cups a day. I can happily report that so far everything is still good!! I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and only just started getting a couple of braxton hicks after each cup in the last 3-4 weeks.

Kyte Mon 24-Aug-09 11:34:26

Thanks, I think that's what I did last time.

girlsyearapart Mon 24-Aug-09 11:42:01

I took the tablets from about 35 weeks both times i think. Dd1 born due date dd2 ten days early.
6 hours labour dd1 3 and half with dd2.
Can anyone remind me how far in advance of ttc you stop taking the contraceptive pill?

Kyte Mon 24-Aug-09 12:27:34

I stopped a couple of months beforehand

zelda200 Wed 26-Aug-09 16:43:53

I started at 17 weeks. One cup a day, then two+ in third trimester.
Has to be loose leaf - the stuff in bags is horrible and not the same at all.
I credit it with swift birth (7 hours from waters breaking, not bad for first birth). I also read 'The Gentle Birth Method' by Gowri Motha - brilliant for teaching you how to relax during birth.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now