Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP! I don't know if I'm pregnant or not....

(13 Posts)
nigeltuffnell Sun 23-Aug-09 11:08:49

ok, feel a bit silly but need help of mumsnetters, I have a test but I threw the box away, it is a boots own one with a square window and a round window, does anyone know what is positive? I have a line in each......

mosschops30 Sun 23-Aug-09 11:11:10

Im guessing that would be positive. Can you look online at the same test, or get down to boots and have a look at the box.
If not go and buy a cheapy from asda or similar

nigeltuffnell Sun 23-Aug-09 11:12:30

Am on my own with two babes napping so cant go out yet... have tried on line and no joy so far....

rubyslippers Sun 23-Aug-09 11:13:36

you need a cross in one window and a line in the other to show the test has worked

nigeltuffnell Sun 23-Aug-09 11:14:58

so, two lines , no cross, not pregnant?

ShowOfHands Sun 23-Aug-09 11:15:42

This help?

Google seems to suggest you need a cross too.

oxocube Sun 23-Aug-09 11:16:45

just read on line same as rubyslippers. A cross in 1st box, then a line to show test has worked properly in 2nd box = positive

rubyslippers Sun 23-Aug-09 11:19:56

i used the boots tests both times and you deffo need a cross

nigeltuffnell Sun 23-Aug-09 11:20:36

YAY! confirmed. many many thanks. Phew! have two under two, not ready for another yet

ShowOfHands Sun 23-Aug-09 11:20:49

Here is what a negative on a +/- test looks like. Scroll down for different images.

ShowOfHands Sun 23-Aug-09 11:22:41

Glad it's what you wanted to hear. Those +/- ones get bad reviews as they're so difficult to interpret, especially as most line tests work on a 'two lines is positive' basis. They also give false positives which are rare but occur mainly in these kinds of tests.

nigeltuffnell Sun 23-Aug-09 11:31:54

Thanks showofhands, I'm actually more confused now as it looks different from the boots one on their site, think I bought this as part of a multipack.... I'll just have to wait for DH to run to shops, I really DO NOT want to be pregnant again but I feel like shit and my wee smells funny...., sorry, TMi perhaps...

ShowOfHands Sun 23-Aug-09 11:43:51

Could you have a UTI?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now