Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I really didn't believe the travel sickness bands would stop ms ...

(11 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Sun 23-Aug-09 10:26:52

But I bought some yesterday and I now refuse to take them off!
Still feel a bit nauseous, but nowhere near as bad as it was.
Just wanted to post really, in case anyone else was considering buying some to help.
<Hope I haven't tempted fate by posting this>

GoldenSnitch Sun 23-Aug-09 10:38:51

They worked for me too with my first pregnancy. Wore them for the whole 20 weeks of puking and they were fab

Try mints and ice lollies too (i found fruit juice ones the best) - they made me feel soooo much better

belgo Sun 23-Aug-09 10:43:28

That's good. I think they work using chinese acupunture pressure points, so there is some theory behind them.

sheeplikessleep Sun 23-Aug-09 10:58:01

GoldenSnitch - Yum, ice lollies sound a good idea!
I feel like I have a new lease of life today, it's amazing.
Belgo - Yeah, I guess there has to be something behind them, but I was just a little cynical that something would work tbh.

GoldenSnitch Sun 23-Aug-09 11:00:33

Mints and lollies have been my saviour this time. Lollies are the best but a pack or Extra Strong Mints are easier to carry round in the baby bag

clothaddict Mon 24-Aug-09 12:00:07

I just bought 2 days ago too as feeling really yuck. I do think they work too! This morning felt awful, couldn't look or smell food, but after wearing somehow seemed ok. Maybe placebo but I don't care if it helps!!

sheeplikessleep Mon 24-Aug-09 12:05:14

Hmm, I've been wearing them all morning and just been sick. I might change my mind about them again ...

GoldenSnitch Mon 24-Aug-09 14:06:24

But think how many times you would have been sick without them, and how awful you would have felt in between!

Try the lollies...

How far along are you?

EyeballsintheSky Mon 24-Aug-09 14:12:01

They were crap when I tried them. They did however alert the entire office to the fact that I was pregnant angry

DottyDot Mon 24-Aug-09 14:14:46

Travel bands worked for me too at first but then the sickness came back and stayed for the rest of the pregancy grin

The worst thing is, 5 years after having ds2 I still feel nauseous going into M&S food shops 'cos that's where I used to go to get my lunch when I was pregnant. Such a shame 'cos I love food there but always have this wave of nausea when I go in!

sheeplikessleep Tue 25-Aug-09 08:22:58

goldensnitch - i haven't actually been sick yet (apart from yesterday), but am gagging and running to the loo all day (i keep getting that stomach lurching, dry mouth thing) and constant all day and night nausea. being sick was a relief to be honest.

i'm 11 weeks this friday coming up - i'm desperately hoping that it will start improving soon. god, the thought of this continuing through whole of pregnancy sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now