Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it too early to wash baby clothes - or am I being superstitious?

(9 Posts)
mosschops30 Sat 22-Aug-09 11:14:39

dh is tidying the garage and has dragged in the two bags of baby clothes we had kept.

I am only 28 weeks, and dont believe in bringing things like the pushchair into the house or anything before the baby comes.

But can I wash all this stuff now, or is too early?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 22-Aug-09 13:19:02

It is a little bit early but if it helps to do it, do.

I washed and blinking well ironed all DS1's baby stuff while watching Esther!

mosschops30 Sat 22-Aug-09 14:16:31

Ironed???? whats that? wink

diddl Sat 22-Aug-09 14:43:07

I wouldn´t yet, TBH.
Yout hubby can do them whilst your in hospital!

mosschops30 Sat 22-Aug-09 14:48:36

hmm and I would dress the baby in what then??

have done them now, am past caring grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 22-Aug-09 15:02:14

I know!

PFB and his clothes haven't seen an iron since, except for his uniform.

mosschops30 Sat 22-Aug-09 15:03:39

I agree, I only do uniform, and only the if it looks like its been screwed up in the drawer for 10 years blush
I hate ironing, such a waste of time

RFCMummy Sat 22-Aug-09 22:15:43

Well I am 32 weeks and have washed everything. I am having a c-section at 39 weeks and have a 3 year old and 2 year old to run round after and figured I would rather get the washing done in the summer so I can dry it outside than in a few weeks when I am completely enourmous and shattered from looking after the other two and get my self in a tis panic washing!!

I do not iron any childrens clothes either! As if they are bothered??!!

mosschops30 Sun 23-Aug-09 10:26:26

I agree RFC, I also have 2, about to go back to school and I am looking forward to putting my feet up.
The thought of asking dh to wash it all, whilst looking after 2 others, during the less than 24 hours I plan to be in hospital just isnt an option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now