Talk

Advanced search

How does it feel, if baby is breech?

(7 Posts)
Deeeja Fri 21-Aug-09 23:37:46

This has been bothering me for a couple of days now. I think lo may be breech. I can't feel any kicks in the ribs, and feel hiccups very low. I also feel movement such as kicks quite low too.
I am 35 weeks, and worried that the baby might not be able to turn in time, and maybe running out of space. The movements are quite uncomfortable.
If anyone's little one was breech, please tell me how did the movements feel? Did the baby turn in the end?
TIA

mears Fri 21-Aug-09 23:41:26

You often feel a 'tapping' sensation on your bladder and a gliding sensation under your ribs. My second baby was breech till 35 weeks and turned on his own. Contact your midwife and ask her to palpate you. Easy enough to get a scan done to confirm presentation.

plantsitter Fri 21-Aug-09 23:46:40

I could feel a hard head under my ribs (thought it was a hard bottom for a while and felt a bit bad when I'd been prodding it!). She turned at 38 weeks though so there is hope.

I would do what mears said but also try to stop thinking about it as you will drive yourself mad groping and guessing! Even midwives can't always tell!

plantsitter Fri 21-Aug-09 23:47:36

(I mean stop thinking about it before the appointment - obviously it's helpful to think about it at all!)

largeginandtonic Fri 21-Aug-09 23:49:54

It hurts uder your ribs, i used to sit holding this bowling ball head out from underneath them.

Hiccups low too.

Pelvis felt like the baby was stamping in it!

Two of mine have been breech, one turned at 37ish weeks i thing and the other the day before his due date! Luckily the section i ha booked was for my due date.

Plenty of time. Look for the spinning babies website for good positions to get the baby to move IF he is breech that is!

Dont worry smile

Deeeja Sat 22-Aug-09 00:14:06

All of that sounds familiar to me, so I think baby is probably breach, good to know there might be time to turn.
I have had some period pains today, and some pressure down below, especially around, ahem, back end, but not regular or anything. Should I be concerned about that in case baby is breech.
Sorry, it seems all I do is worry now about every little thing. ..blush

plantsitter Sat 22-Aug-09 05:57:22

Of course you do. Goes with the territory. Sounds like the baby might've engaged or something. Really I would just see the midwife as soon as you can - call on Monday. Not because I think you need to worry - to be honest I have no idea though I suspect not - but to put your mind at rest one way or another!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now