Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lack of movement - anterior placenta question

(8 Posts)
carrielou2007 Fri 21-Aug-09 21:59:56

Expecting dc2, felt nothing, scan yesterday 20 weeks shows anterior placenta. Dd was back to back which I have heard is more likely but she was not anterior placenta and she was a real kicker. I'm desperate to feel this little one, is it just a case for waiting until splodge just gets a bit bigger for me to feel it??

ShowOfHands Fri 21-Aug-09 22:03:00

Yup, you'll soon get lots more feeling round the sides and at the top of your bump as dc2 grows. You will also get more at the front too but not as strong as with a posterior placenta. Don't worry. It'll still keep you awake, make your tummy contort and have you gasping with surprise, just later and in different places.

carrielou2007 Fri 21-Aug-09 22:25:13

Thank you smile this one is transverse like dd was (bicornate uterus) and have just been very worried at not feeling anything, at 20+ weeks was stil worried yesterday they wouldn't actually find a baby in there blush despite of course previous scans. Bring it on!!

Hopeful2 Sun 23-Aug-09 19:34:59

I have an anterior placenta also & must admit that compared to my friends, who say 'it's like a football match going on in there', I do not feel like this. I would say that I feel little movements every now & then during the day & a few harder movements in the evening when watching telly but I certainly wouldn't say it is like a football match. I am 29 weeks now & it's only when he's positioned in the right way will I feel a proper good kick or movement....I am told this is nothing to worry about, but I can't help but worry that he's not more active by now!
So I know how u feel...

LEMONADEGIRL Sun 23-Aug-09 20:45:42

I had anterior placenta with my ds. Didn't feel that much until 25 weeks + and then it was when I was lying on my side in bed that seemed to trigger more movement.
Try not to worry too much ...

alana39 Sun 23-Aug-09 22:15:59

I have anterior placenta with this one - like you had felt nothing at 20 weeks, then the day before my scan saw my small bump moving - loads. It was a bit like Alien grin

Couldn't feel a thing, and at the scan the baby was turning round all over the place and still couldn't feel it.

Over the next couple of weeks started to feel more, mainly at top and sides as previous poster said, and now at 30 weeks there's lots of movement. Still sometimes looks more dramatic than it feels, and DH / DCs haven't felt much. Try not to worry, it will just be a matter of time.

Hopeful2 Tue 25-Aug-09 17:29:01

Alana39 wish I felt more like u do & we're roughly at the same week. I just have horrid pains under my right rib where little one must be pushing or something. I get some movement but not loads, I judge it on as long as I feel something everyday then all must be ok. I reckon little one might also be laying facing my back as I would have thought I would have seen some real big movements by now! I know I should be thankful, but u can't help but worry....

bevlin Wed 26-Aug-09 14:23:35

Hi, I have it too. Had 20 week scan yesterday and the sonographer said the anterior placenta acts like a big cushion. Not worried as I do feel the odd movement at the sides but nothing like my 1st PG.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now