Talk

Advanced search

36 weeks scan, baby measuring 32-33 weeks, should I worry?

(3 Posts)
LauraI1978 Fri 21-Aug-09 13:05:32

Hello. Just had the 36 weeks scan yesterday (being monitored every 4 weeks due to low BMI and history of high BP), and the baby's growth seems to have slowed down a lot since the last scan. At 32 weeks it was measuring 32-33 weeks, now it measures just over 33 weeks. The consultant said it could be a number of reasons, such as an ageing placenta, or the baby just having its own individual growth pattern, with periods of high/slow growth... Should I be worried?

peanutbutterkid Fri 21-Aug-09 14:26:47

Did they not offer you an extra indepth scan (or is that what you're already having regularly)? Where they look at the blood flow in the cord, for instance?

I did the same thing, bump measurement wise, it's quite common I think. Scan showed baby was growing fine, and baby was born fine almost 6 weeks later. Was my biggest baby of the 4, at 8lb11oz, so big enough for me!

LauraI1978 Fri 21-Aug-09 14:47:48

Thanks Peanutbutterkid. Blood flow through the cord was not mentioned, but they did ask me to go back in 2 weeks for another scan and meanwhile I have to keep a close eye on baby's movements. I really hope the baby just got a bit lazy after all the growth it had to do before and everything will be fine in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now