Had dd1 5 years ago. Then 3 years ago dd2 came at 35 weeks. I just cannot for the life of me remember what those last few weeks are like. I'm 36 weeks - is this stuff normal?
1. Feel like I need a wee every 20 mins and when I get up to walk to the loo it really really hurts. Weeing itself doesn't hurt at all, I was worrying about a UTI but not sure if it's normal and just the pain of the weight of the baby on my bladder.
2. I keep reading Braxton Hicks shouldn't be painful. Mine are - not agony but enough to take my breath away. Have a got a really low pain threshold? Will it mean I'm crap at labour?
3. Braxton Hicks again... mine are brought on by me doing anything at all. If I walk, get up, bend down. Tonight I was picking up toys from the lounge floor and I had to keep stopping to sit down as my whole bump was rock hard and really sore.
Not sure about 1 although was a constant loo visitor but yes b-h do hurt and can start randomly. No it doesn't mean you won't cope with labour- think bh were odd as hurt in different way as weren't doing the muscular movement you get in proper labour- just felt like me and the baby were being squeezed in a steel corset.
1. Yep, I get that feeling from all the pressure on my bladder.
2. BHs do leave me breathless, I wouldn't say they are exactly painful, but just really uncomfortable and I end up just stopping everything and trying to breathe through them. That's gotten worse as time has gone on.
3. Mine seem to be brought on by sitting in certain positions, get them less when I'm lying down.
Think we are probably both normal! I'm 39+1 today and really had enough of all this.