Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

seem very big?

(2 Posts)
2ndattempt Wed 19-Aug-09 12:46:04

Hi all, just looking to share some of your experiance really, This is my second pregnancy this year after mmc in feb. This time all appears to be going really well (fingers crossed) but you see when went for my first scan i was 13 weeks to the day, by the sonographer (?) measured my lump and decided i was five days further on (13+5), ok i though. That then made me 16+3 when i next went back to see the midwife at my GP's, however, she felt my fundal height and said i was more like 18 weeks! How can this be? I am 5'7" and was of slim(ish) build, my DH is a large build 6'3". Plus everyone who sees me says i look much more than 4 1/2 months.

Oh and i forgot that i had a dream where i was in the hospital having had the baby, everyone was there come to see the new arrival who was running around on the floor talking!!

Question is do you think this is normal?

thanks

TakeLovingChances Wed 19-Aug-09 15:03:56

Hi!

Congrats on your pregnancy

It's normal to have mad dreams when pregnant, esp baby related ones. I am 12 weeks and have been having crazy dreams too!

Is there any possibility that you got your dates wrong of when you conceived? Or are your periods irregular?

It is a big difference between thinking you're 13 weeks and the midwife is telling you you're closer to 18 weeks! So which date do you believe?

I don't really have any advice to give you, but the only thing I can say is that if the professionals are happy at this stage, then I'd be happy too.

I think the 20 week scan gives a clearer idea of how far you are realistically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now